Dead Pool 2018

I was watching countdown this afternoon (stop it , we are supposed to exercise our minds to fend off dementia)

anyhoo,, guest is Clive Anderson ... Doris says doesn't he have terminal cancer ... no you silly cow that's Clive James (this could have gone into the how bone is your missus thread btw)

anyway, got me thinking , has he already fallen off the perch , but no he's still with us

I was watching countdown this afternoon (stop it , we are supposed to exercise our minds to fend off dementia)

anyhoo,, guest is Clive Anderson ... Doris says doesn't he have terminal cancer ... no you silly cow that's Clive James (this could have gone into the how bone is your missus thread btw)

anyway, got me thinking , has he already fallen off the perch , but no he's still with us
If he makes it past Christmas, he'll have lived beyond the average lifespan for a UK male born in 1939.

Pik Botha.

Who?

Former foreign affairs minister Pik Botha dies

There'll be a fair amount about him in the broadsheets, no doubt.

Another local who I've had a punt on for a while is Bishop Desmond Tutu, who is back in hospital.
He keeps bouncing back. Maybe somebody upstairs likes him?
I hope Desmond doesn't cash his Chips yet, if he does a lot of British armoured vehicles will have to be renamed as in ''Desmond 22''. What are they going to called instead, ''Two fat ducks''?

Even a net worth of over $20 billion can’t save you when the Bengal grips you good and proper. :-(
Which means we should be partying, banging prozzies and generally misbehaving in case it does happen.

Coincidentally, I lost another army mate last week in a motorbike crash, so the reality of my mortality raised its ugly head again.

I'm not sure if I'll get permission from the wife to start the prozzie banging thing just yet, we're saving for a kitchen, so I may have to wait until next year. :cry:

According to Wikipedia (German). During the War, Sir Doug spent 4 years with the Fleet Air Arm ending up in Ceylon.
Sounds impressive until you realise he was on a 4 hour navigation exercise and supposed to end up in Prestwick.

Damn, out of all the Microsoft founders he would have been the only one I would have had time for.

A proper engineer, and genuinely nice bloke by all accords.
Paul Allen also was very interested in undersea exploration. His yacht Octopus (415 feet) and his research vessel Petrel (250 feet). He recovered the ships bell from HMS Hood for the RN and it was placed at a memorial to HMS Hood by the Princess Royal.
He discovered the wrecks of USS Indianapolis, USS Lexington, USS Juneau, USS Helena, HMAS AE1 and RMI Artiglieri.
He has spoken about certain asian countries looting what amount to war graves for their scrap metal content.

Admiral Richardson USN, the Chief of Naval Operations has commented on the navy's gratitude for his work.
Paul Allen USNI article

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Heywood Jablomey The NAAFI Bar 10
spaz The NAAFI Bar 39
mso The NAAFI Bar 2