Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dead Car - no electrics and a CD stuck in the CD player

potter

Old-Salt
Includes outline instructions on how to make the necessary tool.

1594132159336.png

theoriginalphantom

MIA
Book Reviewer
God knows about the CD, but play him this. Just to see if he gets irony.

play him these and see if he gets the hint

and this one

because he doesn't have any (in the car)

Thanks for the suggestions chaps - I'll let you know how he gets on...

Oh, car.

Not cat.

Sorry, not a scooby.

Ravers

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Years ago you could buy a car at auction with not a lot of ID. As long as it still had some tax and MOT on it and you had a trader’s insurance policy that allowed you to drive anything, it was quite possible to buy an old shitter under a made up name, use it until it died and then dump it (on someone’s driveway who you disliked) with zero consequences.

My cousin did this for years. He’s a car trader and would travel all over the country to collect cars he’d bought. It was cheaper to buy a shit car at an auction and dump it at his destination, than to buy a train ticket.

This was especially the case when travelling to airports and having to pay for airport parking.

So one day we’re in this very tasteful brown Ford Sierra Estate that cost the grand total of 25 quid, driving to Luton Airport. The plan is to leave it in the long stay car park (because it’s gonna be staying there a long time), fly to the continent and then drive home in some newly purchased supercars and/or classics, which will then be sold for a profit.

The stereo on this Sierra starts playing up. I don’t recall if it had a CD player, but I decided to fix it with the tools I had to hand (a wheel brace) while my cousin drove.

Turns out you can remove quite a lot of the dashboard while doing 70 along the M4.

By the time we got to the airport I’d pretty much dismantled the entire interior
I’d had a few beers and it passed the time.

Years ago you could buy a car at auction with not a lot of ID. As long as it still had some tax and MOT on it and you had a trader’s insurance policy that allowed you to drive anything, it was quite possible to buy an old shitter under a made up name, use it until it died and then dump it (on someone’s driveway who you disliked) with zero consequences.

My cousin did this for years. He’s a car trader and would travel all over the country to collect cars he’d bought. It was cheaper to buy a shit car at an auction and dump it at his destination, than to buy a train ticket.

This was especially the case when travelling to airports and having to pay for airport parking.

So one day we’re in this very tasteful brown Ford Sierra Estate that cost the grand total of 25 quid, driving to Luton Airport. The plan is to leave it in the long stay car park (because it’s gonna be staying there a long time), fly to the continent and then drive home in some newly purchased supercars and/or classics, which will then be sold for a profit.

The stereo on this Sierra starts playing up. I don’t recall if it had a CD player, but I decided to fix it with the tools I had to hand (a wheel brace) while my cousin drove.

Turns out you can remove quite a lot of the dashboard while doing 70 along the M4.

By the time we got to the airport I’d pretty much dismantled the entire interior
I’d had a few beers and it passed the time.
Why?

Latest Threads