Dead Car - no electrics and a CD stuck in the CD player

Hi chaps

My business partners old 2005 Renault Laguna sh*tbucket (his words) died on him over the weekend - smoke and burning smell from under the dash. It is, apparently, a late motor, shuffled off its mortal coil etc etc.

He is partcularly annoyed that his favourite Pearl Jam cd is stuck in the CD player.

Short of smashing the dash and CD player* is there any way to remove the CD? He is hoping to get something from a scrappie for the car but mangling the dash won't help.

Suggestions welcome...

I'd start with just go and buy a new CD however my mate has informed me that it is an imported (collectable) CD and will cost a bit to track down and buy another copy.

Over to you guys...

* REME I'm looking at you... ;-)

Here are five ways that might work. The methods for no power are further down the list.

LINKY

There’s usually a pin hole used to eject discs. Unfold a paper clip and stick it in the ‘ole

Joshua Slocum

LE
Book Reviewer
on my daughters puglet, I removed the entire radio/cd player and dismantled it in the comfort of my own home
you can remove the top cover then carefully unlock the latching mechanism and free the CD
if the wiring has fried its likely the CD player has failed, so mechanical dismantling is better

1594118243743.png

it's a renault, the CD is worth more than the car.

Neither are worth losing ones dignity over

Install Deemix, download said Album (for free) - done! Time taken 5 seconds...

As others have said - remove cd player, connect to 12v battery or supply - press eject. Or remove cd player - remove cover - press cd eject lever - remove cd.

I'd suggest he comes up with a better business idea which allows him not to dodder around in a fifteen year old French wreck

I'd suggest he comes up with a better business idea which allows him not to dodder around in a fifteen year old French wreck
By the time his wife and three teenage kids have finished there's not a lot of cash left over for himself...

He probably has a decent car at home sat on the drive.

I pootered about in a 15 year old Volvo estate with a new car on the drive. I certainly wasn't going to take stuff to the tip, carry crap around etc in the new car.

Ritch

LE
Solution:

Use one of these:

Claw-hammer.jpg

Job jobbed.

Hope this helps. Please send my £10 fee via PayPal.

Dr Death

War Hero
Solution:

Use one of these:

View attachment 487859

Job jobbed.

Hope this helps. Please send my £10 fee via PayPal.
Read through this I kept thinking hammer & screwdriver is needed.

@Ritch has half the idea, the 2nd part is below.
1594129922407.png

Because if you call in the experts from the REME this is how they will do it!!

Daxx

MIA
Book Reviewer
Read through this I kept thinking hammer & screwdriver is needed.

@Ritch has half the idea, the 2nd part is below.
View attachment 487865

Because if you call in the experts from the REME this is how they will do it!!
And don't forget a liberal amount of axel grease.

Latest Threads