Deactivated WW2 German G41 rifle

Discussion in 'Classified Ads' started by GashHand, Aug 30, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. An extremely rare, and hard to find German WW2 weapon. Barn find, and not a dig up. Not matching numbers.

Up until recently, i was shooting this rifle, without fault, so is extremely solid.

Unfortunately, due to current UK laws governing ownership of this type of rifle it is now deactivated to new spec. ie, No parts move, except for the nose cone, which can be unscrewed.

Shows pitting in places, but this does not detract from the weapon as a whole. Woodwork is replacement and of a high standard (from Poland). £1900 ono.

Photos upon request, please send an email address,cheers!

2. Ravers

Ravers LE Reviewer Book Reviewer

You could have sold that to a section 5 dealer for 3 times that before you had it chopped up.
  3. Yes don't I know...! And I offered it out to various license holders, but no-one was interested. And, no I wasn't asking daft money either.

So, my decision to 'chop it up', was not something done on the spur of the moment.
  4. Alsacien

Alsacien LE Moderator

This makes me angry.
    I'd have got you 5-7k for that in Germany, instead you have destroyed a rare piece of history.
  5. To explain again, as a collector I know the value both in historical and monetary terms of this w
    Espinoza. So, no need to chastise me in any way. What I did was not something I decided to do "over a pint" down the pub. I advertised this in certain circles of collecting and had no positive responses.

The fact that you turn to me now saying you could have sold it for me is, unfortunately of no use now.

Believe me, I am just as gutted as you may be about it. However, circumstances and the law of the land and simple things such as export/import licenses dictated otherwise.
  6. Espo....what?!!! Mong fingers. Meant to say 'Weapon'
  7. Cutaway

Cutaway LE Reviewer

Should have put it on here prior to giving in to the government's Vandalism Charter, I'd have had it off you all legal & above board.

Where in the country are you ?

8. You hat !
  9. To be honest, i'd left it in the hands of a so-called mate, who had the potential contacts to buy. As i have now found out, the twat was less than pro-active about selling it, and even less when i decided to deactivate it. I must admit, i'd never have considered selling it on here, and to be honest selling a live, semi-automatic rifle on an open/public forum isn't the norm.

I appreciate your offer, but, it's done now, and not much more i can do about it.

Hat...?! Maybe i am....