deactivated weapons

Nope , moderators are still classed as a firearm component and have to be entered on an FAC unless they are for an air rifle.
Minor point but accessory, not component ie an accessory designed to diminish the noise or flash.

ugly

LE
Recorded but still not serial numbered .....yet.
Maybe just the ones I buy then, all of the ones I scrap aren't numbered, all of the ones I sell are!

Maybe just the ones I buy then, all of the ones I scrap aren't numbered, all of the ones I sell are!
The lack of serial numbers is a good thing in my view , it allows owners to exchange them with an RFD without the bureaucratic nonsense.

The lack of serial numbers is a good thing in my view , it allows owners to exchange them with an RFD without the bureaucratic nonsense.
:eek: :) ;)

I've bought two shiny new ones in the past couple of months, neither of which carry any kind of serial number (both Schultz & Larsen).

napier

LE
Kit Reviewer

ugly

LE
Indeed, those moderators unless old stock will start to ring alarm bells if written off regularly. Its no real drama to get a short turnaround in Sussex but it would make sense if RFD's were allowed to do the swap. Its not as if they are giving away guns is it?

I was at the history day in Chester yesterday and loads of them are a tad annoyed over the "new law" from the EU that all deactivated should be welded solid, a few of my SLRs are new spec, cut up, welded, no moving parts, only trigger , the new spec coming out is all welded even magazine, I will have them gone after June,

Indeed, those moderators unless old stock will start to ring alarm bells if written off regularly. Its no real drama to get a short turnaround in Sussex but it would make sense if RFD's were allowed to do the swap. Its not as if they are giving away guns is it?
Preaching to the choir. It was one of those on a ‘same for same’ on variations that was discussed at length between HO, Plod and BSSC.

Stand by for the prohibition of all obsolete calibre firearms....
Obsolete calibres will definitely go. I am surprised it hasn't happened already.
The price of obsolete calibre weapons appears to have risen: I have read in the past that .44 S&W Russian revolvers, and .320 Bulldog revolvers are particularly valued.
The tightening of legislation around obsolete calibre weapons seems to be gaining traction. Reports voiced in lurid “shock horror” terms by a Danny Dyer soundalike have been on the news all day and featured one of those pointless “reporter buys a thing it’s legal to buy” segments. He actually went to the trouble of going abroad and buying a S&W .44 Russian revolver then sat in his car playing with it.
I’m surprised they didn’t insist on showing it being cut up at the end- I expect that’ll happen on tonight’s Panorama at 20.30 on BBC1.

Once again people pursuing an innocent hobby will be penalised because of braindead “gangsta” morons and plain criminal lowlifes, who will in any case continue with their nefarious activities.

How about continuing to allow responsible people to enjoy shooting and firearms and hand out punitive punishments to abusers of same?

The tightening of legislation around obsolete calibre weapons seems to be gaining traction. Reports voiced in lurid “shock horror” terms by a Danny Dyer soundalike have been on the news all day and featured one of those pointless “reporter buys a thing it’s legal to buy” segments. He actually went to the trouble of going abroad and buying a S&W .44 Russian revolver then sat in his car playing with it.
I’m surprised they didn’t insist on showing it being cut up at the end- I expect that’ll happen on tonight’s Panorama at 20.30 on BBC1.

Once again people pursuing an innocent hobby will be penalised because of braindead “gangsta” morons and plain criminal lowlifes, who will in any case continue with their nefarious activities.

How about continuing to allow responsible people to enjoy shooting and firearms and hand out punitive punishments to abusers of same?
It is stupid reporting. It might have been instructive, or of service to the public, if he had covertly tried to get ammunition for the revolver.
One day the government will run out of things to ban. They will then have to explain why people are still being shot (porous borders and the dark web being the big issues). In 2015-16 obsolete calibre weapons were used in 30% of gun-related crime. I don't know whether that means crime involving a weapon with ammunition or, for example, waving an empty obsolete calibre revolver around during a robbery. Or a combination (which I assume is the case).

Last edited:
Now you see why I am going lookalike airsoft . Not so costly and can be fun on indoor range :)

It's not for me.. I don't have full use of my legs.. however I do put on shows for the CRA. At Chester castle also have my own range that I take around for different charities.