• ARRSE have partnered with Armadillo Merino to bring you an ARRSE exclusive, generous discount offer on their full price range.
    To keep you warm with the best of Merino gear, visit www.armadillomerino.co.uk and use the code: NEWARRSE40 at the checkout to get 40% off!
    This superb deal has been generously offered to us by Armadillo Merino and is valid until midnight on the the 28th of February.

deactivated weapons

i know, strictly speaking shouldn't be in shooting as they no longer shoot.

who do we know that could do a good de-ac'd folding stock AK variant compete with correct paperwork?

any suggestions?

cheers, Taff

You get the cert when you buy it, I'm reasonably sure its illegal to sell without one!
i don't know about illegal to sell.

More like it can't be proved to be a deac (Section 8 '88 Act) without the proof marks and cert. From memory the proof houses will issue duplicate certs on production of the firearm (for a fee).

Firearms (Amendment) Act 1988
8 De-activated weapons..

For the purposes of the principal Act and this Act it shall be presumed, unless the contrary is shown, that a firearm has been rendered incapable of discharging any shot, bullet or other missile, and has consequently ceased to be a firearm within the meaning of those Acts, if—
(a)it bears a mark which has been approved by the Secretary of State for denoting that fact and which has been made either by one of the two companies mentioned in section 58(1) of the principal Act or by such other person as may be approved by the Secretary of State for the purposes of this section; and .
(b)that company or person has certified in writing that work has been carried out on the firearm in a manner approved by the Secretary of State for rendering it incapable of discharging any shot, bullet or other missile.

Try d and b militaria. Always a fair price, the folding stock variants most likely going to be an AKM. If you try and get one that was deac prior to '95 it will still "dry fire" or if you go for a pre '83 deac it will be field stripable.

Latest Threads