Deactivated SLR (L1A1)

none, its UK legal, its deactivated.

The only way you could kill someone with it is by beating them to death with it. Much like the real thing.

the use of clubbed muskets and rifles is a long and honorable tradition when out of ammunition and no time to reload. A clubbed weapon was often far more effective than faffing around trying to stick the enemy with a bayonet. It is also simpler to just bash someone round the head with it...

img-front.jpg

illus8.jpg

handtohand.jpg

fig59.jpg

zpage342.gif

It is also still popular today, even with modern plastic weapons....

[video]http://cdn.theguardian.tv/connectedTV/1280/2012/4/16/120316IsraelSoldierNEW-720.mp4[/video]

:)

Rodney2q

What nationality used the SLR? Was it the Syrians? Haven't we always had the SA80?

Its one of ours.

Its not done a great deal, its mint so probably the RAF Regt one or some other chip shop outfit that never took thier rifles out of the armoury.

U Boat

Old-Salt
Hi...what a luverly thing.

Pre or post 95 with or without moving parts...cock and dry fire etc?

Cheers.

Rheged

Clanker
£310

Posted from the ARRSE Mobile app (iOS or Android)

I don't see what all the fuss is about. :? I fired one at JJH's farm last spring and was not exactly blown away by the experience. :? And this one doesn't even shoot. :?

Now here's a proper man's rifle. A bullseye every time. ;-) (A bit pricey I know, but you can always scrimp on the household money you give to the Mrs. ) ;-)

M14 CMP Rifle.JPG

I don't see what all the fuss is about. :? I fired one at JJH's farm last spring and was not exactly blown away by the experience. :? And this one doesn't even shoot. :?

Now here's a proper man's rifle. A bullseye every time. ;-) (A bit pricey I know, but you can always scrimp on the household money you give to the Mrs. ) ;-)

View attachment 146992

Tissk! Kids ...
As well you know it's not what it does/did that makes it speschul its the shameful airfix replacement that makes it shine in the hearts and loins of those who used it. ;-)

Rheged

Clanker
I did mate, the breaking news event of the week distracted me.

Posted from the ARRSE Mobile app (iOS or Android)

Wordsmith

LE
Book Reviewer
none, its UK legal, its deactivated.

The only way you could kill someone with it is by beating them to death with it. Much like the real thing.

I have this vision of a Neanderthal army defending Britain. Its older members would be moaning the the Mk1 Rock was perfectly good for bashing holes in skulls and why did we need to move to the new fangled spear?

And the younger members would be saying that although the Mk2 Spear was late, over budget and broke a lot, they could carry several of them and thus put 5.56 mm diameter holes in the bodies of more enemies...

Wordsmith

Just seen this thread and I have developed a warm and wet feeling below my stomach but above my arthritic right foot. 350 squids.

I have this vision of a Neanderthal army defending Britain. Its older members would be moaning the the Mk1 Rock was perfectly good for bashing holes in skulls and why did we need to move to the new fangled spear?

And the younger members would be saying that although the Mk2 Spear was late, over budget and broke a lot, they could carry several of them and thus put 5.56 mm diameter holes in the bodies of more enemies...

Wordsmith

[pedant]5.70mm[/pedant]

Latest Threads