DE Groundcrew Officer

Discussion in 'Aviation' started by orificecadet, Jul 16, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Good thing or a bad thing? I'm thinking about applying for it as I can't fly. Has anyone seen a career path set up for it and what 668 and CGTW courses would I be likely to attend?

OC

2. what you should do is start 5 or 6 threads in the same forum on the same subject, that way you will get a better answer

3. As you cant fly, I'd suggest throwing yourself from the top of your local multi-storey car park. The gene pool can do without another throbber.

4. Well, despite his indisputable talents, he managed to log-off, so I guess he'll make an orifice of himself someday.

5. I didn't think that the AAC had a way of Officers joining directly as Ground crew? I believe with the AAC, if you are joining as an Officer but can't fly, the door is firmly closed.

6. Think that going to change very soon.

7. I'm so looking forward to working for you "four post rupert...."

oh joy

another tube

8. blue-sophist

blue-sophist LE Good Egg (charities)

You could consider a career in the Real Air Farce [to pre-empt AAC inputs, which will inevitably be abusive :wink: ].

The Operations Branch of the RAF offers an interesting range of non-flying careers, including Flying Prevention [ATC], HAZMAT Management [Air Defence] and Paper Control [Air Operations]. Other options also exist ...

Go HERE ... http://www.raf.mod.uk/careers/jobs/airoperationssupport.cfm

9. Nowt like a bit of sarky humour

10. Many apologies to all for the multiple threads, the internet connection down here at Middle Wallop can be utterly wnak. The role itself gets rubber stamped hopefully on August 1st so all being well the first YO's course will begin Feb next year when I get back off tour.
    Does anyone have any idea what courses I may have to attend?

Mod could you delete the other threads please?

11. Is their actually a requirement for DE Groundcrew Officers?

12. DAAvn think so its down to the MOD as to whether or not they support that need or not. There is a feeling that AAC soldiers are not getting the benefit of being led by DE officers, also this is not inline with doctrine either.

13. blue-sophist

blue-sophist LE Good Egg (charities)

Go Crab, young man .... ;-)

14. Eww...

15. No, not really. None that an LE cant fulfill anyway.

Anyway, where will all the chefs, truck park attendants and REME spanner mechs go when they get an LE commish?

At least when a DE pilot gets to a sqn, hes in charge of nothing more than his penis and underpants until hes at least a Major. The SNCO aircrew ensure he doesn't hurt himself or make a decision.

Can you image some of the noshers being let loose 'commanding' or managing a load of airtroopers? :roll:

When they do arrive (soon, as has been mentioned), they will be viewed as failed pilots and possibly not even good enough to go RLC.......... the shame!!