DE Capts are binning it at * LSR

Discussion in 'RLC' started by KnightsofRowallan, Dec 6, 2005.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Trying to confirm or quash a rumour. Apparently a certain Log Regt, in the UK has all but 3 DE Capts signing off.
    I thought this sounds a bit unlikely, but can anyone shed any light on this.

2. why not ring the adjutant, rather than simply sh¤t stir?

3. Bit harsh r?_f.

This is the Army Rumour Service y'know.

Are you the said adj by any chance? :wink:

4. Can we put bets on which Regt?

Ill go the following

1LSR - 12-1
    2LSR - 10-1
    3LSR - 8-1
    4 LSR - Evens

5. If you had any friends there you could ask them. I concur with R_F.

Pargorge - the old Airborne betting mind trick heh? Trying to tempt us into betting on 2 Regts that aren't in the UK. Naughty, but I like it.

Cakes.

6. Surely "DE Capts signing off" is par for the course?

The short service commission system is designed to release people at that rank. That DMA's website doesn't show any alarming signing off rates for Offrs suggests that if the original poster's comments are true, then the concidence is that the statistically normal number of people signing off, just happen to be geographically colocated.

Could be utter sh1te right enough..........

7. I'm sorry it has to be said.....

People are signing off all the time Pte's Lcpl's Cpl's and even Sncos and Officers. WAKE UP AND SMELL THE COFFEE!!!!

Can people who matter not realise what a poor state of affairs we are in. There are serious problems in the RLC and dare I say the Army.

The Army is not a good enough career prospect these days, the grass is greener and people are willing to work for a living. I must have said it before but job satisfaction far outweighs the easy money, job security, cheap qtrs, travel prospects and all the other stuff that the heirarchy use as plus points to keep us in the green suit.

8. Err thanks for that. Just ring up the Adjt and ask him? Nice the weather on your planet is it?
    I picked this up from a friend. But if you've worked in G2, you would know that a second source to confirm is always nice. Hence I popped in here.
    Sh*t stir? not really, just wondered if anyone else had heard this. if not. disregard.
    But if people are leaving I'd be interested who, and what age they are. Does the phrase 'Quota Years' mean anything to you.

9. I too had heard (from an RLC ATO friend) that there were several officers who had decided to throw their hand in at a certain LSR.

However, one (possibly two) have decided to pick their cards back up!!!!

10. I too had heard (from an RLC ATO friend) that there were several officers who had decided to throw their hand in at a certain LSR.

However, one (possibly two) have decided to pick their cards back up!!!!

11. Not wanting to add to the rumours but I heard similar and that it all had something to do with the COs performance and micro managing in a sandy region!! :roll:

12. CO in the sand is a top bloke cant see that, perhaps they dont want to come upto his high standards!!!!!

13. I hear that he worked the OpsO hard!!!!

14. OpsO must be a weak harry

15. Or a weak Harriett!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!