ARRSE is supported by the advertisements on it, so if you use an adblocker please consider helping us by starting an Ad-Free subscription.


Discussion in 'Army Reserve' started by the_beer_man, Feb 12, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

  1. I'm working at a barracks for a private company in a semi civil-servant role. I need some work done on my teeth (nothing too serious, just an extraction). Does anyone know if I'm allowed to use DDS on site if I'm in the TA, you know, one army and all that. I'm not saying I want it for free, I'm willing to pay but getting a dentist where I am is just plain ridiculous.


  2. I think the beginning of your post reveals the answer:

    "I'm working at a barracks for a private company in a semi civil-servant role."

    Neither civvies nor civil servants are entitled to free dental treatment from the Armed Forces.
    As TA you can get free dental treatment when you deploy operationally.
  3. suspected as much. i didnt say i wanted it for free. I think my question is better phrased "would they take a private patient paying for his own treatment or is it purely a soldier only service"??
  4. Although if your teeth need any work doing that takes more than a few minutes you'll get rejected at Chilwell and not enter service. Saves a few quid I suppose.
  5. msr

    msr LE

    In the short term.