DDLI Laying up of the colours

Just to let you Know that the DDLI are laying up their colours on the 27th of January in Exeter which marks the end of the Senior county Regiment.
Apologies if already been done.

Giz
SEMPER FIDELIS 11th 39th 54th

and me

Can someone let me know the timings, im not working that day, so will try and be there as well, strange day for me, having served with both LI and D&D.

Regards

What part of Devon you in T34 ?

BT

P.S. - what bout you Wombat ?

Just to say to all that made it and managed to say hello what a Top day, It's just a shame that's the end of 321 years of history.
Oh well better start learning 'Light' drill :pissedoff:

GIZ SEMPER FIDELIS
THE BLOODY XI

To all D&D's - welcome to the family

Proud to have you along

Its sad and depressing watching all this history going down the pan.... Don't think it will be to long before the Guards get it in the neck!

Biggles4221 said:
Its sad and depressing watching all this history going down the pan.... Don't think it will be to long before the Guards get it in the neck!
We will always need someone to tic-tock outside buck palace.
Only joking, 321 years went yesterday i know we weren't the first to go but the sad thing is we are not the last.

GIZ SEMPER FIDELIS

served alongside D&D in Iraq 04-05 quality troopers
always up for mayhem and drunkenness
they'll be missed, except by the residents that live alongside the new barracks currently being built in Exeter.
How long before the locals want them gone cos they lower the house prices ?

Darthspud said:
served alongside D&D in Iraq 04-05 quality troopers
always up for mayhem and drunkenness
they'll be missed, except by the residents that live alongside the new barracks currently being built in Exeter.
How long before the locals want them gone cos they lower the house prices ?
Check your pm
GIZ

A very sad day, but onwards and upwards, at least they remain in a Rifles form, rather then completly going.

Go forward the Rifles.

Regards

Hi Gizmo and Dave P, Great to see you guys, have only just got home. Cracking day eh. How many pubs were drank dry.

Apparantly Jai is organising a D&D Recce Reunion.

Oh btw - Ian B, I'm Brew_Time not Brewmeister - LOL. Good to see you tho.

BT - YJ

Was an excellent day good to see all the old faces, I think there is something planned for Salamanca Day i will keep you all posted.

GIZ SEMPER FIDELIS

Would have loved to have been there but 12000 miles is a long way to come.
Can't really believe that I joined 1st Devons 55 years ago either. The amalgamation with the Dorsets was a good one too. Will they have Devon and Dorsets included in their new title anywhere?

Sadly no. Though give it a couple of years and I reckon the old nicknames and county affiliations will start working their way back in. It was a great day and the turnout by the people of Exeter was astounding. An emotional and humbling experience.

Semper Fidelis - The Bloody Eleventh

Hey Brewmeister - Ian B got us mixed up.

Yeah it was a great day - pity The Ship ran outta beer eh. Wasn't gunna march through the city but soon had my arm twisted, glad I did as I would have regretted not doing so. Wouldn't have missed it. Massive turnout of ex members. The City was packed of serving and ex serving guys.

BT

brewmeister said:
Sadly no. Though give it a couple of years and I reckon the old nicknames and county affiliations will start working their way back in. It was a great day and the turnout by the people of Exeter was astounding. An emotional and humbling experience.

Semper Fidelis - The Bloody Eleventh
It was even more emotional in the bar lol, I thought the Salamanca Beer was a nice touch, It's always good to see mates you haven't seen in ages, I just hope the next Regi reunion is as good !.

GIZ XI

Brew_Time said:
Hi Gizmo and Dave P, Great to see you guys, have only just got home. Cracking day eh. How many pubs were drank dry.

Apparantly Jai is organising a D&D Recce Reunion.

Oh btw - Ian B, I'm Brew_Time not Brewmeister - LOL. Good to see you tho.

BT - YJ
Yeah good day but very sad all the same it was good to see you two as well.