LE
Book Reviewer
1634744383379.jpeg

This is my late uncle,
Sapper John Ellis
D section
1010 Port Op Coy
Royal Engineers
I was recently told that he was Dishonourably discharged.
Something to do with flogging black market fags.
I can't find anything about it (not surprising as I'm not much of a researcher)
Any help would be much appreciated (£10 to a charity ?)

My Grandad got busted in WW2 for while stationed in Trieste buying a car on the black market and clearing off to Bulgaria, it is on his records which are up in the loft. Something I would be really proud of too lol.

Nah just went on the lash according to him, he told me him and his mate bought this car on the cheap and cleared off. All sounded reasonable and plausible to me.
Like I say, busted from full screw to Lance jack. But somehow next post was Vienna and living in a flat in the imperial palace with a grand piano and all that jazz. He did stand as Montgomery's bodyguard/driver in Egypt for awhile. possibly how he achieved his massive shit umbrella .

My Grandad got busted in WW2 for while stationed in Trieste buying a car on the black market and clearing off to Bulgaria, it is on his records which are up in the loft. Something I would be really proud of too lol.

Please .... please go up and get it, xerox scan it and Post it for assessment and comment.

He might have thought - I like it here I'm off.
Or - I need a break, Trieste seems nice, going to have a few days off.
Or - Bulgarian women, ..... just up the road ..... , Phwoaar ! will you look at the arse on that....
Or he may just be a deserting spiv

As he is ( probably ) dead now and his story is now History.
Don't leave it up in your loft any longer !

Latest Threads