Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

DCQ Cards - Drver CPC

RTU'd

War Hero
Seems DVSA have been issuing the Driver CPC Card (Driver Qualification Card) with the wrong dates on them.
DVSA now advising card holders to check card if recently issued.

mrboo

War Hero
I got my CPC for HGV last week. The last card run out July 2020. The new card was issued start date Dec 2020 end date July 2020.. I phoned them and was told they are aware of the problem but that was all I could get out of them that made any sense

I got my CPC for HGV last week. The last card run out July 2020. The new card was issued start date Dec 2020 end date July 2020.. I phoned them and was told they are aware of the problem but that was all I could get out of them that made any sense

This mornings bulletin from them

Driver Qualification Card update​

We recently wrote to let you know that we were issuing new Driver Qualification Cards (DQC) to professional lorry and bus drivers who had received a 7-month extension to the validity of their DQC.
We are aware of a problem with the validity dates shown on the new cards. DVSA would like to apologise for any inconvenience this may have caused.

Sending out DQCs with updated dates​

We are automatically sending out DQCs with updated validity dates to all drivers who qualify for the extension.
Drivers will start to receive their new card in the post in the next few days.
Drivers should carry a valid card at all times when driving professionally. Please email any further questions to dcpc_cc@dvsa.gov.uk

RTU'd

War Hero
Mine runs out 2024:)
Did it early to avoid the usual DVSA screw up's.
Last one missed out most of my entitlement.

mrboo

War Hero
It's all going to shit. Can't say that I'm that bothered about the cpc . One of the lads i work with licence run out in April last year as he can't get an appointment to see a doctor to get his medical. This is going to take a long time to get sorted .....

2000AD

Old-Salt
It's all going to shit. Can't say that I'm that bothered about the cpc . One of the lads i work with licence run out in April last year as he can't get an appointment to see a doctor to get his medical. This is going to take a long time to get sorted .....
Medical requirement appears to be temporarily suspended due to covid. For licences that ran out between March to December last year, an 11 month extension was granted. Those expiring from January this year can seemingly renew for a period of one year instead of five without submission of a medical certificate (form D4?)
I presume this will continue until GP's can complete the medicals. See below from .gov.uk website;

If you’re 45 or over​

Because of coronavirus (COVID-19), you currently do not need to provide a medical report (form D4) to apply to renew your licence.
If your application is successful, you’ll get a 1 year licence.

stuskimac

Clanker
Medical requirement appears to be temporarily suspended due to covid. For licences that ran out between March to December last year, an 11 month extension was granted. Those expiring from January this year can seemingly renew for a period of one year instead of five without submission of a medical certificate (form D4?)
I presume this will continue until GP's can complete the medicals. See below from .gov.uk website;

If you’re 45 or over​

Because of coronavirus (COVID-19), you currently do not need to provide a medical report (form D4) to apply to renew your licence.
If your application is successful, you’ll get a 1 year licence.
Yep my licence was due to expire Dec 2020, couldn't get a medical, renewed licence minus D4 medical & got my new licence with a years extension, no probs. Just got to renew again with D4 medical Dec 21, hopefully out of lockdown by then ?

2000AD

Old-Salt
Yep my licence was due to expire Dec 2020, couldn't get a medical, renewed licence minus D4 medical & got my new licence with a years extension, no probs. Just got to renew again with D4 medical Dec 21, hopefully out of lockdown by then ?
Very much hope we are out of lockdown by then! My licence is due renewal in April. Are DVSA still ending out reminders or do we have to fend for ourselves to ensure it happens?

My CPC ran out last Oct, I hadn’t driven a Class one for over a year. Spoke to 0A about it and decided it wasn’t worth worrying about and decided to retire early.
Best thing I’d ever done, no more stressing out over idiot car drivers.

mrboo

War Hero
Ok so CPC update just received a new in date card start date 13/1/21 end 22/2/21 . Well done DVSA for getting the start finish date the right way round oh and what chance do you think i have of getting 35hr of training in.
In 4 weeks when every where is shut and only essential journeys are to be made.......

Ok so CPC update just received a new in date card start date 13/1/21 end 22/2/21 . Well done DVSA for getting the start finish date the right way round oh and what chance do you think i have of getting 35hr of training in.
In 4 weeks when every where is shut and only essential journeys are to be made.......

You can do the CPC training online during Kung Flu

We've put a couple of lads through on this lot

Last edited:

Latest Threads