DCCT - Help

Discussion in 'The Training Wing' started by meltedmagician, Mar 17, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I'm looking for a bit of help on a few things with reference to the DCCT. I'm a cadet instructor who has recently qualified and finding it difficult to further my knowledge.

If anyone can help in any of the following it would be greatly appreciated;
    • PDF copy of - Inf Trg Vol I Pam No 3, The Dismounted Close Combat Trainer (2005)
    • RASP Template for DCCT (I'm a bit unsure about mine)
    • Notes on DCCT Start Up and Close Down procedures
    • Details of the firing practices (What they all are)
    • Any other notes would also be helpfull

Thanks very much in advance. I know there is a few things I'm needing help with, anything is greatly appreciated.
  2. Most of the details you are after are in Pam 3. If you have a @mod.uk email address PM me and I'll send you a copy (can't send it over civi internet due to classification).
  3. JD,

Unfortunately I don't have a @mod.uk email as I am only a cadet instructor. We carry MOD90's and use all these publications, however I can't seem to get my hands on one
  4. Check Pms melted.
  5. Ask you CTT for help,they will have all publications you need,ours are great and cannot help out enough. Yes *** thats you!
  6. I assume you mean newley range qualified?

Infantry Training, Vol 1, Skill at Arms, Pam 3 DCCT 2009 is what you need.

Your support staff should have a copy
  7. A MUST read is in Pam-21C Chap 6, covers most aspects a RCO on a DCCT needs to know
  8. old_fat_and_hairy

old_fat_and_hairy LE Book Reviewer Reviews Editor

Pm me, I spent 10 years with the bloody thing!
  9. Not in the documents section on Westminster?
  10. No can't find it on Westminster
    • Funny Funny x 1
  11. If you need help writing a RASP just use a live firing one as a template, all med cover will come from RSO's and be sure to include a H&S paragraph with slips and trips etc etc. Startup/close down procedures are pretty generic, however when in doubt just ask the goblin in the office!
  12. Direct Cock into Cadet Transfer? That DCCT? :)
  13. I lol'd hard.
  14. I've never been on a DCCT where the custodian hasn't powered it up and down for me. I just stand about shouting RCO type stuff.
  15. Hi there did you ever get any of the info you were looking for on DCCT course im being sent on it next month and was wondering if you still have any information (meltedmagician)