DBS advice

Submitted it and used a brand new mobile phone number / SIM card - the phone hasn't been used for anything. 4 marketing SMSs this morning and a missed call from unknown number.

Submitted it and used a brand new mobile phone number / SIM card - the phone hasn't been used for anything. 4 marketing SMSs this morning and a missed call from unknown number.
When you get it back see if it has been issued by Scotland. They do a cheap one which only goes so far and anyone can apply for it. UK ones need to be applied for via an organisation that is registered and can say that they will send X number of DBSs through each year. As an individual it is a real bugger getting a DBS.

My issue was simply this is not a position that requires it and it seems to be a steady creep towards doing it for the sake of doing it. My role is not customer facing, not financially based or indeed anything other than basic admin. Pissed off at even being asked for it.

My issue was simply this is not a position that requires it and it seems to be a steady creep towards doing it for the sake of doing it. My role is not customer facing, not financially based or indeed anything other than basic admin. Pissed off at even being asked for it.
It crept long ago with the introduction of CRB. It was claimed all sorts of jobs needed one. If you ever bother to read the fine print it has a bet about "unsupervised contact". But no one ever reads that and pointing it out to them is the same a baging your head against a wall. They will also demand to see your DBS form but DBS say you should not give it, they should ask the company to confirm that you have one and what the number is. It also should not be copied but mentioning that will also get you funny looks.

When the CRB was in use I have had schools stop the police entering the school because they did not have a CRB.

AS to the 3 year check, I had to do one with the CRB but when the DBS came it it should not be required as when a conviction or an investigation comes up DBS get informed and do a search to see if that info applies to any already with a DBS and if so take action.

And no your info is not sent to India.

It crept long ago with the introduction of CRB. It was claimed all sorts of jobs needed one. If you ever bother to read the fine print it has a bet about "unsupervised contact". But no one ever reads that and pointing it out to them is the same a baging your head against a wall. They will also demand to see your DBS form but DBS say you should not give it, they should ask the company to confirm that you have one and what the number is. It also should not be copied but mentioning that will also get you funny looks.

When the CRB was in use I have had schools stop the police entering the school because they did not have a CRB.

AS to the 3 year check, I had to do one with the CRB but when the DBS came it it should not be required as when a conviction or an investigation comes up DBS get informed and do a search to see if that info applies to any already with a DBS and if so take action.

And no your info is not sent to India.
Re the last bit - it's gone somewhere as this was a clean phone - unused. They even spelt my name correctly so it could only have come from this one source.

Re the last bit - it's gone somewhere as this was a clean phone - unused. They even spelt my name correctly so it could only have come from this one source.
Have you considered your company, as they would have read the form. India does not hold the data to do the check.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Old Stab Finance, Property, Law 21
D MoD News 0
Blogg The Intelligence Cell 44