Daysacks, contents of

#1
Already posted this in the infantry board, but spreading the question.


I'm trying to put together "the" list of what to pack & where to pack it.

I know that it depends on what you're doing, but some form of generic list for use to teach recruits would be great.

Search gave a good Jacket & belt order list, thanks to whoever put that on, I've adapted that.

Any help accepted, remember these guys are sprogs, nigs, crows, or whatever your unit calls them, so keep the Gucci kit to a minimum.

Thanks guys.

(now dons ECBA & helmet, standing by)
 
#2
Well i shall start you off. I am sure others will have different views!

Gore-tex
Warm kit
Change of socks
Basha (1 between 2)
ETH (Several per fire team - if not carried on beltkit)
Munchies
Extra ammo, radio batteries other mission related stuff that shouldn't be left in bergan (CWS etc)
NBC kit as dictated by situation

Thats all i can think of at the moment but i standby from the more experienced amongst us!
 
#6
On CIC and Potentials at Catterick, the kit list went (roughly):

Right Rocket pouch:
Goretex suit
Softie
Scoff
Flask


Left Goretex pouch:
Share of reserve ammo
CWS
Bivvy Bag
Stretcher/Poncho (1 per fire team)


Bear in mind that brew kit and 24hrs rats were supposed to be in your webbing already.

If we had to carry extra mission specific kit, then the bivvy bag would be the first thing ditched, as its 'non-essential'. Of course, this set up assumes a non NBC environment, which makes life easier. The DS there weren't particularly bothered about ETH either, in their opinion, we'd self-teach digging holes if we ever came under artillery fire! :D
 
#7
Wingletang said:
Surely there is a standard list somewhere? There is for everything else.
Pamphlet No. 2, Fieldcraft, Battle Lessons and Exercises, para. 0128, sub-para (f).

Which is Restricted, but I don't think it will bring down the government to reproduce it here:

f. Place the issued bag insert in the pouch.The following items, wrapped in waterproof material to prevent rattling, are packed in the right side pouch (rucksack):

(1) The mess tins/KFS.
(2) The 24 hour ration pack.
(3) The hexamine cooker.
(4) Washing, shaving kit and towel.
(5) Polish and boot brush/spare laces.
(6) Socks, foot powder.
(7) Gloves (if not worn).
(viii) Headover (if not worn).
(9) 30 metres of dark coloured communication cord.
(10) Sandbag/plastic bag for rubbish.

g. Place the issued bag insert in the pouch.The following items are packed in the left side pouch (rucksack):

(1) NBC suit and IPE.
(2) Tent section/waterproofs.
(3) Additional yoke.

I defy anyone to fit all of g. (2) above into a single rocket pack, but there you go. Note that the whole point of the daysack is to carry mission specific gear, so a standard list is a bit redundant - but you did ask :D
 
#8
Are they having a laugh? Gortex, softie ,basha sheet basic.I carry eth as filling sandbags is nesscary in my role .Then rations, radios ,mission specfic kit .Unless your on a course carry the kit you need where you want to.Unfortunalty got to get used to using rocket pacs again as thats what they use on courses. :( .
 
#9
Daysack/Patrol sack/Grab sack:

Alive and fighting for 48hrs (+webbing):

Basha kit
Bivi bag

24hr rations (+24hrs rations in webbing)
Hexi (spare to hexi in webbing)
Water bottle (+1 in webbing)
Warm kit (Buffelo/Sleeka)
Body armour (unless worn)
Helmet (Unless worn)

Another full compliment of Ammo for self
Any Section ammo or specialist ammo (gunners/motor's/grenades)
Any mission essential specialist kit (flares/doorbreakers/dems/radios)
Flask
Coms Cord (for sentry/harbour set up)
 
#10
Paoli said:
[I defy anyone to fit all of g. (2) above into a single rocket pack, but there you go. Note that the whole point of the daysack is to carry mission specific gear, so a standard list is a bit redundant - but you did ask :D
ah, the mistake you are making is that you have the old issue jet packs. the new ones are made using time-lord science which makes them bigger on the inside than they are outside! :D
 
#11
Rapierman said:
Are forgetting porn and hipflask? Its goin wrong, priorities Gents!! :D
hey

hipflask goes in the top right smock pocket so it can be used quickly (and claiming its sweets when asked why theres a bulge).

and with the porn remember FABLON it the kit isnt waterproof well not all the time.
 
#12
TABBER said:
Daysack/Patrol sack/Grab sack:

Alive and fighting for 48hrs (+webbing):

Basha kit
Bivi bag

24hr rations (+24hrs rations in webbing)
Hexi (spare to hexi in webbing)
Water bottle (+1 in webbing)
Warm kit (Buffelo/Sleeka)
Body armour (unless worn)
Helmet (Unless worn)

Another full compliment of Ammo for self
Any Section ammo or specialist ammo (gunners/motor's/grenades)
Any mission essential specialist kit (flares/doorbreakers/dems/radios)
Flask
Coms Cord (for sentry/harbour set up)
What sort of daysac do you use?Grenades go in webbing.you left out your gortex?What is another full compliment ammo?
 
#13
Webbing:

Ammo
Water
Weapon Cleaning kit

Daysack:

Food for 24 hours
Gary Goretex
Ammo
Some warm kit if it fits around your ammo
Then whatever else you are landed 30 seconds before crossing the start line.
 

the_boy_syrup

LE
Book Reviewer
#14
FFBox said:
Already posted this in the infantry board, but spreading the question.


I'm trying to put together "the" list of what to pack & where to pack it.

I know that it depends on what you're doing, but some form of generic list for use to teach recruits would be great.

Search gave a good Jacket & belt order list, thanks to whoever put that on, I've adapted that.

Any help accepted, remember these guys are sprogs, nigs, crows, or whatever your unit calls them, so keep the Gucci kit to a minimum.
HA HA HA HA HA FFbox and no gucci kit Ive heard it all now

Thanks guys.

(now dons ECBA & helmet, standing by)
Why not just show them yours?
Last time I looked you had:

Mars Bars x 12
Coke six pack
Emergancy subway sandwhich (meatball ex Doha)
Porn
Comfy gear for putting feet up
Shirt and tie incase we eat out (Chez Mucktars in Alammarah what that boy can't do with a goat....)
Victor book for Boys (1969 and 1970)
A signed pad of Biff Chits (thanks for lending me them!)
Sunglasses (Roy Bun - choice of winners)
Colouring pens and various colouring books
Jaynes big book of fighting vehicles (she wants it back by the way)
Various bus timetables incase we have to rush to the ERV
Silvermans catalog (as you are king of Gucci kit)

Or was it my day sack I was in?

Happy new year
You were always my favorite 3 bar
 
#15
Syrup, LLF, so very true, more so the bold, but I'm trying to give a good impression here & you're ruining it!
 
#16
FFBox, Here was me thinking you swore by that list RTC churns out every month! :eek:
 
#17
Swear at it, which is the reason of this thread, when are you gonna visit again, or was it awy too much driving they had you doing?

What if we promise not to do it again?
(has fingers crossed behind back so Dodgy can't see)
 
#18
FFBox said:
Swear at it, which is the reason of this thread, when are you gonna visit again, or was it awy too much driving they had you doing?

What if we promise not to do it again?
(has fingers crossed behind back so Dodgy can't see)
I have a couple of bods (yes bob as well :roll: ) coming down quite soon, will PM you closer the time!

Will the camp commandant kick us out the block at 4am again???
 
#19
He's no longer there! ESS have taken over everything & a major unit is s'posed to be moving in this year, taking up the ground floor.
 

Similar threads

Latest Threads