Discussion in 'Infantry' started by insttech, Apr 1, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. My old trusty daysack has failed me after 15 years. It cost me £20 from an Army suplus in York, which is now closed down. I have about £40 to spend on a new one (all my pocket money off the wife!). I'm not infantry, but it will be used in the field. Any ideas?
  2. Berghaus Munro 35, £56 from the ARRse shop, choice of champions and the rest.....

Save your pennies as buy cheap buy twice springs to mind when investing in Wynstay/Gelert gear..........
  3. Cutaway

Cutaway LE Reviewer

Aye, Harry's not wrong, cheap daysacks are cheap for a reason.

The Munroe is very good,alternatively try here for a full milspec quality daysack.
    It's the same make as was sold in the Arrse shop earlier, you can even mount the issue sidepouches on the bugger.

4. i ve got the arktis one,

its pretty good expands so you can fit loads in it if you need to also takes the issue side pouches. i got it off ebay about a year ago was about 25 quid i think it costs about 45 normally
  5. The NI patrol pack is good, you can usually pick up a PLCE one cheap, Try E bay
  6. i have got a NI patrol pack and they are awesome m8 well worth the money

7. I got the Snugpac Stamina. It's sh*te.
  8. Sounds like a brand of condom! :roll:
  9. The Munro,Gleaming Day Sack...
  10. Disregard what I have written about Stamina backpack previously, it's pure sh*t. Went for a 20k tab this morning with weight in it (approx 30 kilos) and it murdered me, hung over the padding and ruined my lower back. My mate who was wearing a Munro got a good laugh anyway.

Moral is - buy a Munro, I will be.

*edit for lesson learned*
  11. I've had a Munro for a while now. Good kit but I've always wondered why Berghaus have never made one in DPM.
  12. They did, I bought one in the early '80 and its still going strong. (unlike the owner)
  13. The munro is awesome but I do like the Karrimor Sabre 35L very comfortable although a bit more expensive.
  14. I have a Highlander Forces 33 but its a tad long, pushes forward on the helmet in the prone position if its full