Daysack

Discussion in 'Infantry' started by insttech, Apr 1, 2006.

1. My old trusty daysack has failed me after 15 years. It cost me £20 from an Army suplus in York, which is now closed down. I have about £40 to spend on a new one (all my pocket money off the wife!). I'm not infantry, but it will be used in the field. Any ideas?

2. Berghaus Munro 35, £56 from the ARRse shop, choice of champions and the rest.....

Save your pennies as buy cheap buy twice springs to mind when investing in Wynstay/Gelert gear..........

3. Cutaway

Cutaway LE Reviewer

Aye, Harry's not wrong, cheap daysacks are cheap for a reason.

The Munroe is very good,alternatively try here for a full milspec quality daysack.
    It's the same make as was sold in the Arrse shop earlier, you can even mount the issue sidepouches on the bugger.

[​IMG]

4. i ve got the arktis one,

its pretty good expands so you can fit loads in it if you need to also takes the issue side pouches. i got it off ebay about a year ago was about 25 quid i think it costs about 45 normally

5. The NI patrol pack is good, you can usually pick up a PLCE one cheap, Try E bay

6. i have got a NI patrol pack and they are awesome m8 well worth the money

Flip

7. I got the Snugpac Stamina. It's sh*te.

8. Sounds like a brand of condom! :roll:

9. The Munro,Gleaming Day Sack...

10. Disregard what I have written about Stamina backpack previously, it's pure sh*t. Went for a 20k tab this morning with weight in it (approx 30 kilos) and it murdered me, hung over the padding and ruined my lower back. My mate who was wearing a Munro got a good laugh anyway.

Moral is - buy a Munro, I will be.

*edit for lesson learned*

11. I've had a Munro for a while now. Good kit but I've always wondered why Berghaus have never made one in DPM.

12. They did, I bought one in the early '80 and its still going strong. (unlike the owner)

13. The munro is awesome but I do like the Karrimor Sabre 35L very comfortable although a bit more expensive.

14. I have a Highlander Forces 33 but its a tad long, pushes forward on the helmet in the prone position if its full