Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Daysack.

Not sure if it is a typo in the OP but I do some fishing hiking - hill walking (a bit) up to small lochs in Assynt (Sutherland) and Ceridigian (Wales) to pester trout and I use my Berghaus Vulcan.

Sounds daft but it isn't really. I don't take much kit but it's all very lightly packed, nothing gets squashed, great for awkward shapes like a landing net, and you can put your hand straight on stuff without having to unpack it to get the thing in the bottom.

I can also keep a wet set of waders in there away from everything else.

Fabulously comfortable frame and I can horse a Kelly Kettle (or three) in it as well.

A bit OTT for a day sack, mind, tho the side pouches do come off.

God knows what they cost these days, not sure they still make them but a second hand one will probably be as good as new .

if you buy a daypack for camp, exercise and ops, does it have to be mtp?

No, Multicam should be fine as well. I'd expect you to be ok with OD or tan too, but it's probably best to ask around at your unit (or see what everyone else is using). It'd be a bit of a bummer to use a load of cash, then find out that you can't use the daysack that you've bought.

Latest Threads