Daysack/ patrol pack HELP

Hey guys

I know a lot is down to personal preference, but im trying to find a decent daysack on a tight budget. Im not sure whether to bite the bullet and splash out on a black hawk/ camelbak/ or 5.11 tactical for a around the £150 mark ( if so what would you recommend?) or get a cheap one which will last me here till i go on ops... such as a Kombat UK sack for £40.

Any suggestions would be highly appreciated

Thanks

Or you could go even cheaper and get the ever popular NI 30 litre patrol pack. Top notch bit of kit and the only daysack ive ever needed, if i recall i think they sell for about £35 on ebay

RVOps is a bit pricey. I wouldn't even bother with them if you're on a budget.

Welcome to Special Air Sea Services

Cheaper ....... but new !

Personally I'd bite the bullet and get the ££££ one whilst your doing you pre deployment training ..... you'll know what its like and if youve made a monumental fudge up then try another ,
depends how flush you are in the end obviously but keep safe all the same .

Don't get a cheap one. I did and it let go on me when I really, really needed it.

Splash a bit more cash and get one that you can rely on.

AIRBORNEJOCK

War Hero
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
I was loath in 2008 to go away from my munro but eventually bit the bullet and got the motherlode its been awesome on 2 tours since then. Buy cheap buy twice i say.

If you're deploying you'll be issued the new Karrimor SF daysack in MTP, which is well made and a good size.

Otherwise, I have one of each of 5.11's offerings and recommend them. The Rush 24 is a decent daysack, but the Rush 72 is around the same size as the new issue item.

The Condor 3 day Pack is a good piece of kit. Loads of space, covered in molle straps, lots of points for attaching things like LASM and about £120. SOF has some in stock i believe.

If you're deploying you'll be issued the new Karrimor SF daysack in MTP, which is well made and a good size.

Otherwise, I have one of each of 5.11's offerings and recommend them. The Rush 24 is a decent daysack, but the Rush 72 is around the same size as the new issue item.
Had the same on H11, but obiviously in desert dpm and got on well with it. Also have the issue bowman daysack in the uk.
Did you get the daysack issued out there or in uk for pdt?

http://www.tasmaniantiger.pl/pdf/2011_tt_katalog.pdf

Not budget, but very good. I've used the TT combat pack on Ops and although quite small (22L) with a couple of pouches attached and belt kit found it was all I needed. The mission pack is bigger but quite complicated.
As other posters have said though the Ops issue day sack is very good.

I was loath in 2008 to go away from my munro but eventually bit the bullet and got the motherlode its been awesome on 2 tours since then. Buy cheap buy twice i say.
I Agree x3 fairly nails tours and my camelbak BFM ML with med bag insert and it is still in good working order my only small complaint is it could do with tension straps on the shoulder straps which would help lift the weight up on your back. That said daysacs are a personal choice so as others have advised you try and get to a dealer and try a few on for size and fit otherwise you will could end up buying a snide daysac. Also the new issued daysac works so you could save some dough and use it.

My 5.11 Multicam RUSH 72 has just arrived. It is absolutely brilliant. Plenty of organised storage for the smaller stuff, a large open main space, and the adjustable gap between front pouch and main body is ideal for Vallon or other larger items. Beats my Motherlode with ease.

Highly recommended

My 5.11 Multicam RUSH 72 has just arrived. It is absolutely brilliant. Plenty of organised storage for the smaller stuff, a large open main space, and the adjustable gap between front pouch and main body is ideal for Vallon or other larger items. Beats my Motherlode with ease.

Highly recommended
If anyone want to check out the 511 Range of RUSH Rucksacks, feel free to pop in to our store. We are just off J13 of the M5 (5 Miles from Stroud).

The RUSH in Multicam are here - Multicam Hydration systems & Multicam rucksacks

And, you have a few day to try to win the whole set - Intelligent Armour Limited :: IA Competitions

Here's a question for those who know: Is this thing that I keep seeing on ebay issue, if it is what is wrong with it, if there is nowt wrong with it why bother buying something?