Daysack conundrum

Discussion in 'Weapons, Equipment & Rations' started by 963147, Oct 31, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hey, new person here, hopefully this is in the right place. I've got what a lot of you will most likely see as a really bone question but I'm gonna ask it none the less. Looking to get me a decent Day sack, the three that I've been researching are the new issue MTP Daysack, then the Camelbak Motherload and the 5.11 Rush 72. I've read all the reviews I can find and by all accounts they are all pretty good daysack in their own right but I've yet to find any comparison of the three. I was wondering if anyone had any experience of these three and could spare a few moments to impart some wisdom.

Many thanks in advance.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Apparently, according to the review, here, on ARRSE, the issue one is "quaite naice".

So save yer dosh and give the issue one a go, before spending on "want to haves".

3. Mate go on the forum link at top of page then on to Military then Clothing and Equipment have review's on there me mucker

Ignore that didnt read post properly.

4. I've got the issue MTP daysack and an MTP motherlode. I prefer the issue one even though the motherlode has much more compartments.

5. it depends if your a lob it all in kind of guy and rummage around until you find it ! or you like a bit more admin in your sack !
    Motherload has less straps flapping around and is a neater package ,but will only hold what fits inside the zips ,on the other hand the Issue one has the floating lid and allows you to really pack it out when needed .
    Also the back system/main straps are a personal choice both have there merits

6. Daysack conundrum.

Yasckad?

7. seen a few of the issue daysacks break. I've gone back to my camelbak bfm as the back system and straps are the dogs. however I all so run pouches on the back of my body armour

8. Cutaway

Cutaway LE Reviewer

Not yet seen the MTP issue daysack break, IEDs notwithstanding.

Like GPMGSF I had a Motherlode but binned it in favour of the new jobbie.

9. First point is that you can not buy MTP so if it is not issued it is multicam or some other form of cam.

The issue one is a very good day sack and if it goes wrong you go back to the stores and exchange it.

10. got to disagree on the new daysack anyway there is a new one being developed so it can't be that good

11. Cutaway

Cutaway LE Reviewer

What is it you don't agree with ?

12. seen the strap's break twice in a month over a company size group with only around 40% using them

13. What do you use at night?

• Like Like x 1
  14. Do what everyone else does - buy a red or blue civvvy daysack and then wear it with either MTP or CS95.

Walk around thinking you look really smart.

15. Don't tar all of the TA with that broad brush please.