Day to day phys

Discussion in 'Sappers' started by 86-john-mahn, Mar 14, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Not completely sure whether this should be in the Royal Engineers section or the Health & Fitness one but can anybody give me an idea how the physical training schedule is set out in a normal week (if there ever is one) once passed out and at a RE unit?

A friend of mine is a Royal Marine and they have phys every morning until about 10, sports on a Wednesday afternoon and then he personally does Boxing a few nights of the week (naked rollmat fighting - extra curricular).

Is this common across the services or are you expected to train in your own time with the RE?

Thanks for any replies.

2. unless changed recently, which i doubt, normal was phys tues & thurs morning & phys afternoon weds, some units do green phys on a fri prior to knocking it on the head for the weekend.

the rest you do in your own time if you are that way inclined.

3. Of course, in 37 (and most of the rest of BFG), 'green phys on a Friday' means getting shedded in the squadron bar before you've even changed into civvies :p

4. aye, i lost nearly 3 years of my life in the "elephant & hassle" during the 80's. :D

5. Depends on your unit but we used to do phys every morning with an enjoyable stroll along long valley on a Friday carrying nothing more than cheese sandwiches and fizzy pop in our school bags. Followed by 'optional' apertiefs down town ;)

6. aye those chaps in the corps that chose to wear a funny colour beret did do a lot more orgainsied phys than us that wore a proper corps colour beret. :wink:

7. aye, i lost nearly 3 years of my life in the "elephant & hassle" during the 80's. :D[/quote]

only 3!!! Fcuking did 7 of them there without going anywhere else

8. Shame they didn't keep that name. It was called the Websters Inn when I was at 37. Doesn't sound as good I reckon.

Had some howling nights propping the bar in that place. Racing snakes like me aren't built for the kind of boozing that goes on it that place. I used to have every intention of heading into paderborne on fridays but usually got so shyters I slept in the drying room as I couldn't find the way to my grot to slip into my horizontal time machine.

Good times had by all up there. The weekly beer lift was an eye opener the first time I done it. Some amount of booze was put away.

Was a good laugh the whole sqn from the OC down crammed in there and getting on it straight after optag, stinking of petrol fumes and all that sh1t, watching our optag riot being played back on the big screen and laughing at people getting duffed up and the red misters going to town on the civpop with plastic batons.

Oh aye, day to day phys? tues morning thursday morning and green pt on a friday, followed straight after by non exemption parade in the sqn bar and it all goes downhill from there.

9. ....best guy to ask on here regarding day to day training is Nightrained!

10. 8O 8O 8O 8O

:D :D :D :D

11. Is he still on remedials?

Our Regt policy is 2 sessions of normal phys a week, green PT on Friday and sports on Wednesday.