Day to day life on an RE Electrician ?

Discussion in 'Sappers' started by simpson1995, Sep 2, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Iv recently just been handed a list of available jobs off my ACA and one job which appeals to me is the RE Electrician.
    I'v looked on the Army website and can't find any information on the day to day duties of an electrician.
    My BARB test score was 64 and all my gcse's are grade A*-B so i dont think i will struggle with any of the maths.
    Also does anyone know of the current waiting list for the job?

Thanks in advance.

2. X59

X59 LE

Your day to day life will be a whirlwind of painting wagons, checking G10 kit on ( or off ) containers or hearing " Hands on, lift....UP ! ".

Knocker will be along shortly to give you the real answer.

3. i believe that there is a fairly long waiting list to become one of the "chosen ones" with The Corps. Plant Life will be more current than myself as i am ex military nowadays. :)
    best job in The Corps/World, personally i was fortunate enough to do trade nearly all my 19 years after my A2.
    will stand you in good stead for when you get out as well, still plenty of work for Sparkies out in the big bad world.
    best make sure your maths is up to speed though, heavily biased OR it was.
    Do it young man, take the plunge.
    REgards.

4. Day to day life ON an RE Electrician? Are you female and from Chatham?

5. It has so many advantages when somebody pisses you off and you cut their power.
    It depends though some people get lucky and stay trade related, I unfortunately haven't but I guess that just depends on the regiment that you go to

6. Just do it, young man (or if you are female, pm me) and remember: There is a lot more to THE Corps than just doing your trade. Get stuck in!

7. bzzt "****!" bzzt "****!" bzzt "****!" bzzt "****!" bzzt "****!"

8. That would be a Welder RE singing a little ditty known as "Welding In The Rain (On A Cold Night In Belfast)".

• Like Like x 1
  9. RE Welder, RE Electrician - like there's a difference? The end result - a molten tangle of metal - would be the same.

10. and you are a what cloudduster???? dropshort at a guess, loads of call for them in civ div.

11. Pilot, rotary. No difficulty finding work, thanks.

12. Totally agree with you.

• Like Like x 1
  13. well neither do i as a sparky. REgards

14. **** becoming a Sparkie, become a Plantie you can eat all the pies you can carry, bend bits of metal into interesting shapes. The only downside is you may have to get out of your cab when it starts to rain.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Ditto.

• Like Like x 1