Day to day life of an Ammunition Technician.

Discussion in 'RLC' started by Benzoate, May 23, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Having just taken my BARB on Friday I've been asked to give my recruiting sergeant my choices. I have decided on my final three, which are Intelligence Operator, Armourer and Ammunition Technician but now I'm trying to decide in which order.

I was wondering if any of you could give me some insight into the day to day life(after training) of an Ammunition Technician ?

Thanks.

2. mate, look over these threads and use the search function. You are liable to experience some sharp answers to your question. :x

3. so you want to know what life is like at your unit. Isnt there a small hurdle of phase 1 and phase 2 to get through before you get to that stage. As much as your enthusiasm may be admired, theres a long way to go before you get there. Best of luck though.

4. Intelligence Operator - Dont ask in the Int Corps Forum as you can only know the job once you pass the course, (then you'll want to retrade)

Armourer - Repairing and servicing weapon systems & removing bit of flannette that people cant be arrsed to size properly from rifle barrels

Ammunition Technician - Counting rounds and painting boxes in the beginning of an eye opening career

all fun really, ask around and good luck

6. Definitely the most c*ntish reply I have ever seen on arse you utter throbber!

7. get f*cked dropshort tw*t

8. Gremlin

Gremlin LE Good Egg (charities)

Well he does have a point Matt. The guy was trying to find out what various trades offer. Telling him to pass Ph1 & 2 first isn't really going to help that decision.

As for asking what life is like v reading the MOD one page summary, why not as long as he isn't being bone or making multiple threads?

It's nowhere near as bone as passing through training and then asking on here about your new unit.

9. On reflection I may have come across as a bit of a throbber, for which i apologize