• ARRSE have partnered with Armadillo Merino to bring you an ARRSE exclusive, generous discount offer on their full price range.
    To keep you warm with the best of Merino gear, visit www.armadillomerino.co.uk and use the code: NEWARRSE40 at the checkout to get 40% off!
    This superb deal has been generously offered to us by Armadillo Merino and is valid until midnight on the the 28th of February.

Day to day life as an RMP soldier

Last year of high school, and I'm looking to join the RMP. What is the day to day role? Atmosphere arround the base? I understand they get a lot of stick from the rest of the army, but what's the situation within the corps? Do they all hate each other too? Are you on the higher end of the lance-corporal pay scale? And is it anything like an infantry rifle company? Just a few of the many things i'd like to know, I'd appreciate any answers, just no 'monkey' bullshit.

Schaden

LE
Book Reviewer
If they suggest you go out for a friendly kick about with some locals and only give you 10 rounds each decline their kind offer.

Last year of high school, and I'm looking to join the RMP. What is the day to day role? Atmosphere arround the base? I understand they get a lot of stick from the rest of the army, but what's the situation within the corps? Do they all hate each other too? Are you on the higher end of the lance-corporal pay scale? And is it anything like an infantry rifle company? Just a few of the many things i'd like to know, I'd appreciate any answers, just no 'monkey' bullshit.
On the upside, yes you're on the higher pay band!

It's not RMP soldier, it's Monkey Twat.

As above - go to work, do **** all. Go home. This can be days or nights. It's the same drill.

Very occasionally - nick some drunken squaddie you could have just as easily given a lift home. Pat yourselves on the back for it.

Even less frequently - investigate something and bungle it. Pat yourselves on the back for it anyway.

That's about it, really.

Lazy, stupid, arrogant monkey twats.
More of a log on your shoulder than a chip, don.t y. think?

Anyway, what Yorkie Bar were you qualified to eat?

Why not become a soldier or a policeman instead of something that is neither? Plus everyone hates you, not because you're that upstanding guy stopping us from committing crimes, rather...........oh you'll find out.
Had one ask me why the number plate on my Land Rover didn't match the one on the trailer. You'll understand the stupidity of that when you join.

Why not become a soldier or a policeman instead of something that is neither? Plus everyone hates you, not because you're that upstanding guy stopping us from committing crimes, rather...........oh you'll find out.
Had one ask me why the number plate on my Land Rover didn't match the one on the trailer. You'll understand the stupidity of that when you join.
Plain wrong as the OP will find out, we is just twice the man... or was in my case, but I am loosing weight...

B

Biscuits_AB

It's not RMP soldier, it's Monkey Twat.

As above - go to work, do **** all. Go home. This can be days or nights. It's the same drill.

Very occasionally - nick some drunken squaddie you could have just as easily given a lift home. Pat yourselves on the back for it.

Even less frequently - investigate something and bungle it. Pat yourselves on the back for it anyway.

That's about it, really.

Lazy, stupid, arrogant monkey twats.
Yes, but the money's not bad.

B

Biscuits_AB

07:30 Get up - start being hated by the rest of the Army
22:30 Go to bed
Must be going soft. In my day, we were hated before we even woke up. And what's with this 0730hrs malarky? That was lunchtime in my day.

Breaking up huge brawls in the garrison's roughest pubs and nightclubs, involving huge numbers of Paras, Marines, Jocks, Rock Apes, Guardsmen, grunts, engineers, gunnners, scaleys, and even WRACs who will gouge yer eyes out as you try to arrest her. Having the combatants forget their grudge and turn upon you.

I remember seeing a docu about them years ago. They were mostly phase 2 AG Corps, with a handful of transfers from other cap badges. There was a room inspection and their sergeant demanded to know why one of them had a pair of slippers in his locker. He answered that his corporal had nicknamed him Slippers, and told him to keep them there.

Latest Threads