Day skipper needed for trip across the solent 31/08 - 05/09, £100, free holiday etc..

Discussion in 'Sports, Adventure Training and Events' started by Animus, Aug 7, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Mods feel free to move this if this isn't in the right area or breaches any sort of OPSEC...

I'm an intern at Sandhurst and group of us have organised a sailing trip from Gosport to Cowes and back but have just heard that our Day Skipper has had to pull out. There's 6 of us, 2 are comp crew. If you, or anyone you might know who fancies a free holiday, is able to do this then please msg me asap

2. check your PM
  3. You might wish to post this on Ac RO’S, having just got back from a three day jaunt on the Solent I know there are several qualified skippers residing at RMAS
  4. Why don't you just take the ferry - what is it about officers that they have to make the easiest jobs so ******* hard????
  5. Caecilius

Caecilius LE Reviewer Book Reviewer

The ferry allows less time to get drunk. More importantly, it also doesn't fulfill the requirements of the RMAS Adv Trg expedition.
  6. Ord_Sgt

Ord_Sgt RIP

Sailing is much more fun, I don't have time otherwise I would love to help.

Taking the ferry is a bit like having a ****, gets you there but ultimately uninspiring.
  7. Gremlin

Gremlin LE Good Egg (charities)

Is that a new thing?

That's exactly what Wishstream II used to be used for.

8. so an advanced expedition is a piss-up cruise to the IOW? Edward Mallory must be kicking himself
  9. Just noticed by your username and avatar - you didn't do the Cambridge Latin Course at school did you?
  10. Caecilius

Caecilius LE Reviewer Book Reviewer

No. What's that?
  11. Or going on a cycling trip with just handlebars then being photographed at various high spots from handlebar-level upwards only...
  12. Gremlin

Which would be the very definition of the aim "Style, Flair, Panache"! :-D
  13. I love arrse. Thanks guys
  14. Gremlin

I realise that The Factory is diverse nowadays, but that's taking the piss! ;-)