Day Sack

Discussion in 'Weapons, Equipment & Rations' started by Harry_Hesh, May 24, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I'm looking for a decent daysack - 30 ish litres with a good back system. Proble I find is that I run to work and need to carry shirt & stuff and as I run, my t shirt is pulled up my back by the running action and its a tad annoying. Any suggestions for a decent make/model?

2. we talking civvy colours or DPM?

3. To be honest, I'm not fussed - whatever works best

4. Naah, this is what you want for running:

[​IMG]

http://www.needlesports.com/acatalog/KIMMlite.html

Proper mountain marathon gear. Ultra lightweight and it has really good compression to hold your stuff in place, and also doesn't make your t-shirt ride up. A bit expensive, but definitely worth it.

5. you cannot beat the berghaus munro

6. I've been doing similar recently and my Berghaus Freeflow works well. Good size, comfortable, space for a hydration pouch and the back system lets air into your back so you don't get quite so hot and bothered.

They also do a lighter version for fell-running with the same features.

7. Smartascarrots

Went out and bought one this weekend. Excellent bit of kit but thanks to everyone for their suggestions.

Harry

8. The free-loading clown is back then!

9. Berghaus do a pretty damned sexy back system which has a hard curved surface, seperated from your back by some nice padded bits and a comfortable mesh.

Freeflow is the range:

http://www.berghaus.com/index.asp?bhcd2=1180644184

Just dont get one with a zipper on the main compartment - they tend to break easily. The traditional drawstring covered by a flap/pocket are fit for purpose however.

10. Another Kiwi runing pack from Aarn packs The designer used to work for the UK company Craig Hoppers , Anyway here's the link Aarns Mountain Magic Running pack
    Reg646

11. nah PLCE daysack does the job no problemo.,
    never let me down yet