Day sack ideas please

Discussion in 'Weapons, Equipment & Rations' started by fatmini, Jun 22, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I’m thinking of making my own day sack but would like to ask for some help from the wealth of knowledge here on arrse.

What would most people going/been on Ops like to have ?

1)one large sack to hold every thing simple and reliable
    2) Ideal size ?
    3) The ability to fix other pouches i.e. "molle" (although I haven’t seen any one actually use this function )
    4) Lots of little pouches and internal dividers to hold individual items of kit
    5) Full height and width zip closure
    6)More traditional lid closure and side release clips
    7)Compression system
    8)Waist belt and shoulder straps

Or are the day sacks that are out there already achieve every thing, and I should go and just by a "Mother load" or some “Blackhawk” design?

All depends on what your role is and what you like I suppose, I’m not after the final solution just ideas of what works and what doesn’t

Many thanks

2. msr

msr LE

3. Dragon's has made a good concept daysack

4. cheers ill look those up
  5. yea id recommend the dragon supplies patrol pack from
  6. Must be lighter than NI patrol pack when empty
  7. I like the "3-day pass" pack from BugOut. It's not available in any UK DPM though, which may limit its usability for you.
  8. Why? NI patrol pack is not exactly heavy?

You could try the HM Supplies Ronum sack. will take side pouches and has a deep main compartment. Compression straps can make it quite small and tight if need be. I can get what I need in it for a day/overnight quite easily.

as reccomended by:

on sale at:

(after 2 years, they still havent got the right pic, but at least they know now)
  9. I still like a Bowman bag or the equivalent Karrimor bag (the Bowman bag is Karrimor).

A Karrimor sabre 75 is pretty much a Bowman bag minus the straps.

They're much comfier than most military daysacks and are very strong too.
  10. The Bowman bag works for me for my w/es in field, dunno about much longer though.
  11. This is a good daysack, it is a copy of the motherlode, on steroids! It has extra side stuff pouches and a long bottom stuff pouch. All these have internal zip compartments.

12. I use a snugpak stamina.

Apart from what's listed it also has an internal side pouch for a bladder and a hole for the drinking tube to pass through, also 2 handy elasticated stuff pouches on the side.

Very light, comfortable to carry and would easily be stowed in a bergan when empty. It can take 40 litres of kit so it's bigger than the issued one.
  13. Ive got this day sack i find it very good and just the right size not too big or too small ( going by the saying that the bigger it is the more sh!t you put in it).