Builds Dawning of the Wokka Wokka - Simmerits epic build of the 1/35 Trumpter Chinook.............

Fantastic job, I have the kit in the stash but the lack of aftermarket UK fit has put me off, I am now tempted to pull it out again though it certainly wouldn't to this standard >

Fantastic job, I have the kit in the stash but the lack of aftermarket UK fit has put me off, I am now tempted to pull it out again though it certainly wouldn't to this standard >
You have seen the underbelly. Be warned...........

I know every square inch of that bloody helicopter - I'm not kidding.

The current plan is to re-start it after the Dauntless, which I'm hoping well be done this weekend - apart from weathering and the glass.

I need to order a new Chinook. The mrs' lad f**ked a set of rotors and they cant be repaired, so I'm going to have to order a new kit and I will cast the replacements in resin, so............... I can do a Mert............... maybe
might it be worth writing to their customer services and asking them to send you a new rotor set, mention this build on here, they may want to repay you for the publicity, send them a pre addressed pre payed jiffybag, can't loose. Especially when you factor in the price of a new one.

might it be worth writing to their customer services and asking them to send you a new rotor set, mention this build on here, they may want to repay you for the publicity, send them a pre addressed pre payed jiffybag, can't loose. Especially when you factor in the price of a new one.
The build had about 600,000 hits on Britmodeller and MilMod combined last time I looked - Trumpeter dont give a shit. They just want the cash mate

I see all the images, no idea what the problem is, might be worth a mention in site issues. Speaking of issues, you must be mental mate, :omfg: but a lovely job!
Had the issue too. Sometimes if I do a page refresh they pop up.

Just out of curiosity, how much would a kit like that cost?

MB
You can pick the kit up from anywhere between 80 sheets to a ton.

Its a bit pricey, but if you didnt go mental/ocd as I have you can turn a reasonable build.

It will need a bit of an update as its the D mk, but the airframe is pretty good, so you could bang out a Falklands BN easily enough - just watch that floor. If I'd known what was going to hit me, I'd have cut the whole thing out before I even started anything, which would have saved me a lot of retrospective effort

so beer tokens parted with. One new Chinook coming my way.

Just the engine & cowling rebuild part of it..............fookin hell its beautiful. You;re still fookin daft as a brush but that looks excellent.

Just the engine & cowling rebuild part of it..............fookin hell its beautiful. You;re still fookin daft as a brush but that looks excellent.
everyone's f@@king barking on here in one shape or form!

Glad you like it. I was well chuffed with the filters - the whole thing was fun, right from writing to the CEO in the States with a 'Dear Bob, here's a bit of an odd request, but let me explain.........' right through to cracking them in 1/35th.

The bits that gave me the most pleasure so far were the infrared panels on the rear tower and the loadies - particularly making the 58 patten belt and cracking the belt loops on the dessy pants. Its an ace escape from the shit life chucks at you. you get completely lost in it which is why its a good therapy for lads with issues. Its totally absorbing.

Legs

ADC
Book Reviewer

<<snip>>

Its an ace escape from the shit life chucks at you. you get completely lost in it which is why its a good therapy for lads with issues. Its totally absorbing.
Nail head/hammer interface. This is exactly why I get so lost in my wood art. With nothing but a pile of wood and some tools I escape from the world, my brain and (temporarily) my pain. Nothing else exists outside my workshop. It's how I survive.

Liked, liked and liked again.

Glad you like it. I was well chuffed with the filters - the whole thing was fun, right from writing to the CEO in the States with a 'Dear Bob, here's a bit of an odd request, but let me explain.........' right through to cracking them in 1/35th.

The bits that gave me the most pleasure so far were the infrared panels on the rear tower and the loadies - particularly making the 58 patten belt and cracking the belt loops on the dessy pants. Its an ace escape from the shit life chucks at you. you get completely lost in it which is why its a good therapy for lads with issues. Its totally absorbing.
But not so chuffed with hataka paints as I recall

Nail head/hammer interface. This is exactly why I get so lost in my wood art. With nothing but a pile of wood and some tools I escape from the world, my brain and (temporarily) my pain. Nothing else exists outside my workshop. It's how I survive.

Liked, liked and liked again.
Incidentally - following our discussion on the woodworking thread, I recognised a wood turning gouge when I came across one at work the other day - unfortunately it was in the footwell of a car with sundry other things which resulted in the driver getting nicked, at least I could accurately describe it in my statement.