Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Builds Dawning of the Wokka Wokka - Simmerits epic build of the 1/35 Trumpter Chinook.............

Is it finished yet?

Is it finished yet?

AF82DE59-A65B-49EA-A675-22DEB70FFBFE.jpeg

Nearly

When it's complete, will you be filling it up with saltpetre and sugar, lighting the fuse and chucking it out of a bedroom window in the traditional manner?

When it's complete, will you be filling it up with saltpetre and sugar, lighting the fuse and chucking it out of a bedroom window in the traditional manner?
Air rifle. Clearly........

D10E0909-053D-465C-B469-CCE5F7CC8F82.jpeg

two weeks work here Id say. I shall break the excitement by doing other bits in the meantime as I don’t think anyone will thank me for pictures of filling in river holes

Daz

LE
Air rifle. Clearly........

View attachment 541949

two weeks work here Id say. I shall break the excitement by doing other bits in the meantime as I don’t think anyone will thank me for pictures of filling in river holes
I don't know, make make a change from filling in rivet holes, a nice bit of riverbank, or perhaps a canal towpath or two :)

@Simmerit out of interest why are you putting that white stuff on the model,

Archie

The rivets on the model are represented by rows of holes, which is incorrect as rivets are either flat (fast air) or protrude (the wokka).

I'm using the putty to fill the holes. Once thats done I will apply raised rivet transfers which represent the real thing, so the model is an accurate representation of the real McCoy.

If you want to see the depths of sadness modellers sink to, try this

Glad_its_all_over

ADC
Book Reviewer
I seem to say this a lot to you guys, but you're quite, quite mad. Inspired, careful, ingenious and dedicated craftsmen, who produce models which are a wonder to behold, but barking fucking mad. Long may your lum reek and long may you continue to amaze us with the detail and obsessiveness of your builds.

Now of the view this won’t take a couple of weeks at all. A bit of focus and I should have this done in a week

91D0C809-EE8F-42ED-9773-5B2177631088.jpeg

Two blades done. This is going to look spot on when I get the second rotor on

81569450-43B7-48FB-89DB-8F73F7B5B92E.jpeg

Don't you have to apply the resin rivets yet?
How did you get the blades straight?
Great job so far.

the rivets will not go on until I’m ready to spray it, so a bit to do yet. I may do a bit of the new rotors tonight.

how I did the blade in the end was poured boiling water over a blade, held it flat on a surface and stuck it straight under a cold tap. Job done.

thank you re the job. I’m really glad to be back on it.

Cleaned off the first load of putty

824D4D79-134B-4282-891C-039C6A37AEEB.jpeg

The next job will be to...............

apply some more putty

Latest Threads