David Rowlands - Soldiers first - Jugroom fort.

Discussion in 'Charity Auctions' started by Hols4Heroes, Feb 24, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hols4Heroes

Hols4Heroes War Hero Good Egg (charities)

Framed print of the actions of 4 Brave Royal Marines and the crews of 4 Apache's of the Army Air corps, in particular the two Aircraft commanders who dismounted their cabs (when the booties got lost) and took them to the body of Matthew Ford.

A ballsy effort by all involved, captured in Ed Macy's book Apache, which I'll throw a copy in with the piccy.

A big bag of medals earned that day, MCs and DFCs all round, thoroughly deserved too.

Auction ends 1900hrs 27th Feb
  2. I'll start with the paltry sum of £50.
  3. £60......................
  4. errrrrrrrr three Royal Marines and an Hofficer of the Royal Hengineers if you please

5. We have the original in the WOs' and Sgts' Mess at Middle Wallop.

6. Don't brag.......bid!
  7. Porridge_gun

Porridge_gun LE Good Egg (charities)

They did the gay bits.

The valiant AH commanders dismounted the cabs and engaged the Taleban with nothing more than a pair of North east hollers and a 9mm pistol.

That said and quietly proud to consider them both friends - £100
  8. You mean one forgot to grab his rifle and the other one ran off in the wrong direction!

To balance things out though the Sapper did lose his rifle during the casevac, but that's because he wasn't used to having to bother with one.

Friends? When I asked Macy if he knew you, his response was 'Who?'

9. You'll also notice that the second pilot (Ed Macy) has no pistol...he lost it on the ground. Neither engaged the enemy.
  10. He might have lost his pistol but by the looks of the painting he has engaged the enemy with a 1000yd stare. Enough to put the shits up any Talib
  11. Porridge_gun

Porridge_gun LE Good Egg (charities)

Its a big frame, probably 32inch square.

Would look smart on in place of your Mrs mirror.

£120 from me so lick my swingers
  12. Hols4Heroes

Hols4Heroes War Hero Good Egg (charities)

Great, I've won a picture of my own mates, that I paid for, then paid to have the ******* thing framed, now I've got to pay to keep it.

Pair of backsliders.
  13. get it signed by Macy and the Geordie who squealed like a girl and I'll buy it off you
  14. And that doesn't mean buy a sharpie and scribble on it, it won't pass muster 'cos they can do joined up writing.