David Lloyd clubs free this weekend

Discussion in 'Health and Fitness' started by Blyth_spirit, Jun 25, 2013.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. As announced by Shadow Defence Secretary Jim Murphy this morning, David Lloyd will offer free access to their clubs for Forces and their families over the Armed Forces Day weekend, i.e. this Sat/Sun.

Linky

No reference or further details on the David Lloyd website, but worth following up on and taking advantage of if you can.

2. Ravers

Ravers LE Reviewer Book Reviewer

Nice idea, but let's be honest, one of the things the forces does incredibly well is gyms, fitness and sport. I don't think I've ever been on a base without a gym that rivals any that you'd have to pay for.

I've been to RNR bases with better CV and weights suites than your average Fitness First.

Even with 25% off, I can't see many people taking up the offer.

3. Serving in the army and having been to a fair few RAF bases I am embarrassed by the quality of gyms in the Army - the crabs totally show us up.
    The PTI's are a little less ego-centric too (although met good and bad in both).

Posted from the ARRSE Mobile app (iOS or Android)

4. Ravers, it's not 25% off it's free, gratis and for nothing; and it is for armed forces personnel and their families which most P&RTCs are not.

Still trying to get more details, especially as DL are now offering discounted membership as well but wanted to publicise it as it is in 2 days time and nobody seems to know about it.