David Jason's Great Escape's.

Discussion in 'Films, Music and All Things Artsy' started by A Worker, Aug 28, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. This is what the youngsters of today should be watching instead of bloody X Factor !

What absolutely great characters. Those men and some men today and a hell of a lot more besides are the epitomy of Britishness.

Airey Neave, what a character.
  2. Very good.Does any one know what the music was at the end ?
  3. The music at the end is Called 'Benedictus' from the Armed Man
  4. ancienturion

ancienturion LE Book Reviewer

The right sort of chap to present it as well. No fancy airs or graces, just gets on with the job. And none of the "I'll whisper so you will get the idea I was actually there and found something nobody else knows about".
    A good programme and worth watching.
  5. Agree completely, made of sterner stuff than the average we get today. A great pity the way Airey Neave ended his life as well..
  6. Agreed. Proper telly, which is a rare treat these days. I thought Jason did a good job. I met him once (oooohhh, name dropper) and I can tell you he has a high regard for the Armed Forces and a low regard for the BBC, in spite of his long career in broadcasting. Nice bloke.
  7. Goatman

Goatman LE Book Reviewer

Only caught the tail end of it ....despite having read Cornelius Ryan's book ' A Bridge Too Far' and watched the 60s film many times I had not appreciated that 130 guys evaded back to Allied lines. Great scene where the veteran described crossing a field on hands and knees able to smell the German troops surrounding them.....what's the next one about ?
  8. the_boy_syrup

the_boy_syrup LE Book Reviewer

He is a patron of a nimber of RAF Charities.
    He used to be the guest vip / opener / closer of the RAF Halton Airshow.
    Been up to Elvington a number of times (last time in the back seat of a tornado IIRC)
  9. Dumb question but is David Jason the bloke who played "Frost" a few years back?
  10. Yes it was .