David Hunt, Gene Cameron

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by Chef, Apr 4, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I heard on the news last night that Labour had launched a campaign comparing DC with Gene Hunt the tagline being

Do we want to go back to the eighties? Or some such.

At hearing this I thought 'What genius ad man thinks comparing DC to the popular hard man is going to do anything other than promote the Tories.

Today in the papers I see that the Labour ad came out at 2.45ish and by about 10ish the Tories had stolen it whilst giving credit to Labour for the idea.

Own goal or what?
  2. Spot on and I think is already being discussed, now that advert did backfire a bit on the labour spin boys, after all us old codgers love DCI Gene Hunt.
  3. All over Sky News last night, got to be one of Labours best "Own Goals" yet
  4. I thought it would have been but couldn't find it on the forums, feel free to bin/merge it MODS as you see fit. :police:
  5. Let's be honest - who wouldn't vote for Gene Hunt as PM?
  6. Who's Gene Hunt??? Never heard of him......must be a TV bloke?
  7. Especially as the Labour one was unveiled by the wimpiest, most spineless pair of spotty little slabs of damnation that Labour could drag away from their game of Dungeons and Dragons for the occasion.

To New Labour, the 80s were a terrible time when people could still make a few bob in a small business, could have a fag and a pint in their local without being fined, and could say terrible words like 'poof' without being sacked from their jobs and convicted of an offence.

Thatcher was also a lot less in the pocket of the Americans, and less in hock to high finance, than this shower, who think if you get your hands dirty for a living you must be some sort of retard or sub-human ward of the state.
  8. Much more accurate:

9. Apparently some 24 year old computer geek who's a labour supporter came up with it. Dopey sod, he obviously didn't realise the 80's were great for old "young thrusters" like me.
  10. I was a kid in the 80's. I loved it! There was a real sense that any one could make money, great cars, BMX's, political freedom, no such thing as a metrosexual. Pride in Great Britain.

I'm voting Hunt!
  11. I left school in 1980, it was great, I had a job, 750cc motorcycle, regular sex, what more did I want.
  12. Forgive my ignorance, but is the image of Cameron sitting on the bonnet of the Audi Quattro a doctored copy of one of Gene Hunt?

If it is, does anyone know whether Labour has infringed copyright if it has not obtained permission from the copyright holder?
  13. The bbc run Ashes to Ashes so Jacob Quagliozzi from St Albans will be safe....... or will he?
  14. JINGO

JINGO War Hero Book Reviewer

Its just another example of how out of touch with real life Labour are. Gene Hunt is a Folk Hero to the general public who would welcome back that kind of non politically correct no nonsense approach. It can only be a good thing for the Tories.