David Davis to resign.

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by LancePrivateJones, Jun 12, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Shame, he seemed like one of the less shite politicos.

2. I agree.
    It seems like a matter of conscience over the 42 day thing.

3. could be a fantastic tactic to reposition himself to go for another shot at the leadership after coming back to the fold.

or is that just wishful thinking?

4. That doesn't make sense to me though. He voted against it, his party voted against it, why resign?

He did seem less full of it than the average one I would agree.

5. I believe that the Lib Dems will not be standing against Him in this.

6. I hope so.
    It looks like he will stand again and use any increased majority as a stick to hit the boy Cameron with.
    Good luck to the bloke.

7. Bloody hell, integrity from a politician. Putting his job where his ethics are.

Will it catch on?

8. Apparently Cameron is not with Him on this.

9. holy fcuk! More integrity! This is an outrage!

10. if he really believes it is wrong (which i believe), his resignation would be a means of warning the public (and making brown look like cnut). If he goes on the evening news and details the problems with the bill, including the 42 days and the end of open and impartial inquests it would serve to be a big wake-up call to the electorate.

IF he is doing it for that reason, then i would commend him. Maybe there are people of integrity in politics!?

Ski.

edited for monglish

11. If this is the reason he's doing it, then he appears to be a man who will go all the way for a principle. Well done Sir.

12. He is on Sky news now and for me he is saying all the right things.
    It seems to go a lot deeper than the 42 day matter and he is talking about the descent into a surveillance state.
    Am I witnessing a decent politician doing the right thing?

13. Will the DUP MPs follow his example?

14. An honourable and principled MP? Whatever next? I didn't always agree with him, but hats off to one of the few men of integrity in British politics. He's just confirmed that he intends to stand again, and let's hope he gets re-elected - perhaps even as an Independent. Given the current state of Labour, he should walk it.