David Camerons Speach,

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by tropper66, Sep 8, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. David Cameron, has, in his speach outlined his plans for the future and I don't think he is going to make many new friends, cutting the amount of MPs by 10%,freezing their money,getting rid of government cars, and a 5% paycut for all MPs, Be interesting to see what happens when the House of Commons come back from their hollidays

2. The trouble with Cameron is that it's all one big popularity contest as far as he is concerned. He jumps on the government kicking bandwagon because he wants to show people he's one of the gang. He just says what he thinks people want to hear.
    Remember the wind turbine on the roof of his house? A pathetic and patronising attempt to be right wing and 'right on'. Just about sums him up really.
    Nearly all politicians are in it for themselves these days, couldn't give two sh*ts about you and me aslong as they get our vote.
    See? Now you've got me started!!!

3. Peel back the Cameron mask and you will see Blairs cheesy grin peering at you.

4. +1 - doesn't he have a PR background? Maybe it's something related to that?

5. No, but he might just strike a chord with the electorate...the idea of reducing the benefits of the bars and restaurants in the HofC is a cracker by my reckoning, also the reduction of money-grabbing entities in there by 10% is also a vote-winner....all he needs to do now is bring in hanging for treason, stamping down on crime, pulling us out of the EU and he'll have a landslide victory.

7. Aye,but who else is going to run the country?

8. ANYONE WHO PROFESSES TO WANT THE JOB OF PM, SHOULD BE BARRED FROM HOLDING THAT JOB AS UNSUITABLE DUE TO MENTAL ILL HEALTH.

Better one pressed man than 100 volunteers in this case.

9. I have a deaf, disease ridden wolfhound with one eye, three legs and gripped in the clutches of dementia.
    It would do a far better job of running this country in return for a biscuit and a tickle behind the ears!

10. I am sure there is someone locked away somewhere that would do a better job.

11. Is that what Gordon Brown really looks like? Then who is that cretin they keep on showing on the telly pretending he's the PM? :p

12. May I recommend the Reverend Dannett for the post?

A choice we would all be happy with.

13. Now that's a suggestion worth seriously pondering over.

MsG