David Cameron to step down as MP

Cameron has stepped down as MP.

BBC breaking, cant link at work.

What's his next job going to be?

Pointing and laughing at Corbyn?

Odds on Labour sneaking away with victory, anyone?

DTBA

War Hero
Lecture circuit.

American universities pay large sums of cash to failed British politicians.

More importantly, what Tory Prince will be the new Witney MP?

"Right Sam, Politics over, lets make some real money!"

Edited to add:
Interesting comment over on Order-Order.com

ScreenHunter_322 Sep. 12 15.32.jpg

Pointing and laughing at Corbyn?
Don't be so sure that he won't. Corbyn's seat is one of those affected by the likely Boundary Commission changes so he could well be out of a job anyway.

Deliciously, he is up against Abbot and Thornbury in a race to the Booby Prize.

Hooray!
I must thank the man for giving me an excuse to get hammered tonight!

Ah sod it, just remembered I got to driverise to Warrington tomorrow morning...

Lecture circuit.

American universities pay large sums of cash to failed British politicians.
Not quite sure how he is a failed politician.

He's lined up a lucrative "consultancy " or UN non job, with a "charity " on the side to fund the flights, booze and accommodation just like other former PM's - serpents the lot of 'em !

I'm no fan of his however we often point to the concept of ministerial accountability and how no-one abides by it anymore.

Give him his dues - he threw his hat in, backed the wrong horse and took the flak.

He resigned on a point of principle. When was the last time that happened? It took courage, I admire him for that.

If I ever meet him I'll shake his hand, buy him a pint and stick my cock in his pig's mouth.

My GGF was Bullingdon Club so I claim rights.

Glad_its_all_over

ADC
Book Reviewer
Sounds like an offer he couldn't refuse with a 1 April start date.

The day just gets better and better..........:)

I'm no fan of his however we often point to the concept of ministerial accountability and how no-one abides by it anymore.

Give him his dues - he threw his hat in, backed the wrong horse and took the flak.

He resigned on a point of principle. When was the last time that happened? It took courage, I admire him for that.

If I ever meet him I'll shake his hand, buy him a pint and stick my cock in his pig's mouth.

Agreed, but only in part. Cameron, like the rest of the reptiles in Westminster was fully aware that the real reason for being in politics is the wedge that can be made after resignation. Look at Blair, Clinton etc ( ignore the financial moron Gordon Brown who is still struggling to make his "charity " pay off despite spending more on travel and accommodation than the "charity " actually pays out).

NSP

LE
Oh, dear. How sad. Never mind.

What a shame this is in CA and thus I am prevented from expressing my opinion of Dave fully for fear of a swing of the ban hammer...

If only he hadn't said he would stay as PM regardless of the result of the EU referendum.
However, despite what some on here say, he did drag us out of the mire left by Gordon & Co and tried to make a few good changes. I reckon (despite the Brexit bit) it's a better country than it was when he took over. And, again despite what many said on here, he did actually give us the referendum which is more than others who promised they would did.

Agreed, but only in part. Cameron, like the rest of the reptiles in Westminster was fully aware that the real reason for being in politics is the wedge that can be made after resignation. Look at Blair, Clinton etc ( ignore the financial moron Gordon Brown who is still struggling to make his "charity " pay off despite spending more on travel and accommodation than the "charity " actually pays out).
I agree with the reptiles part - though only partially as my daughter keeps reptiles and I wouldn't have these creatures in my house.

I think my point still stands though - not a pleasant individual however he did not try to cling on in the grotesque way that is the norm nowadays. Vaz is a good example. I like to feel I'd have the courage to hold up the 4.16 at Clapham for a few hours whilst being bagged up if that was me however to him, it's just another day in the office.

I detest the modern politician - we all do. Creatures to a lifeform ( I can't say man - they aren't one!) . Cameron did the rare thing - resign. He'll never want for anything however he has my respect in that he didn't drag it lower than it could have gone.

I think that's the most we can say for politicians nowadays.

Latest Threads