David Cameron Appoints RM Military Adviser

Discussion in 'Strategic Defence & Spending Review (SDSR)' started by meridian, Oct 13, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. meridian

meridian LE Good Egg (charities)

2. So Call Me, Dave has reviewed the spending on Defence and decided to upgrade on advisers. I wonder how many of the rest of us in the wider Defence sphere will be receiving upgrades?

3. So will CGS, CDS and the whole Senior MOD hiarchy be overuled or ignored by a middle-ranking MA?

Will it be. . . ?

DC - "Oh that sounds a bit of an over reaction, I'll see what Col Morris thinks about that!"

Or

DC - ". . .With all due respects General, but you haven't served in Afghanistan, Col Morris has!"

Ouch!! =|

4. The PM has always had a SPAD whispering sweet nothings in his ear...at least now he will have one with some knowledge of his subject matter. Let's just hope his council will be less partisan than some of the advice advocated on this board...

[​IMG]

5. Is this not a good thing then?
    We've had 13 years of Labour pretending defence is somebody else's problem so shouldn't everybody be pleased Cameron is taking it seriously?

6. Perhaps he feels that a less politially motivated opinion might be useful on occasion?

7. Well at least as a RM he will have some understanding of both military and naval needs. Could have been a much worse choice.

8. [​IMG]

or

[​IMG]

?

9. But DC can't say that because CGS has. I know, I worked for him at the time. He even refused to leave theatre when he was quite seriously ill and working himself to death.

10. Excellent - another Officer who believes he is irreplaceable.

11. cpunk

cpunk LE Moderator

Ooooch vicious! One does wonder how the good burghers of Beckenham are feeling now they've had a chance to get to know 'Bonkin' Bosnian Bob'. Do they still think they acquired a mighty warrior and respected peacekeeper as their representative, or are they perhaps suspecting that they may have accidentally scooped up a pompous, air-headed bullsh1tter? Only time will tell.

12. I read an article in one of the papers with stormin' bob he was trying to get backing for the veterns id card, The reporter asked if it was neccessary to have the ex soldiers rank which he said it was and avoided going into detail two faced twat obviously wanted a two teir system for it after overusing the our brave boys line, did i say twat? was at fally with 7 armd when he was in charge of cheshires didn't like him then!!

13. Former CO of 45 Commando? So he's a full on warry bugger then.

Top choice Mr Cameron!

14. It occurred to me that he might be there simply to avoid the PM saying stupid things like "...the Second Paratroop Regiment...".

15. Perhaps there will be an upside? We might get fewer articles quoting "former top commander Patrick Mercer".