David Beckham

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by marcgouj, Dec 21, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I'm surprised that no one seems to have posted yet about David Beckham's dedication of his lifetime achievement award to the troops serving in Afghanistan. I thought he gave a measured and moving speech and had to wipe a manly tear or two from my eyes when he made the dedication. he may come over as none too bright but his heart is definitely in the right place. God love him! Even Posh showed some emotion. He deffo goes to the top of the good lads list!!

2. You mean something like this http://www.arrse.co.uk/current-affairs-news-analysis/154745-sp10-david-beckhams-thank-you-speech.html ?

C_C

3. Over rated and under performing footballer with a stick insect for a wife.

4. Oh yea, compared to who?

6 Prem titles, 2 FA Cups, Champs league, Intercontinental Cup, 4 Community Shields, La Liga, Supercopa, UEFA Club and UEFA Midfielder of the Year, 644 games in varioUs leagues and 115 caps. Nice one.

5. Wife's still a stick insect!

6. So what? If he's that good, how come the England Team HE captained failed to win the World cup ?

7. Because unfortunately, 1 footballer does not make a team.

Now if you's had have had Geordie Best, you's may have lifted it again post-1966.

8. Nor does 12 overinflated ego's........

9. You obviously know nothing about football, let alone tournament football. Have you actually been to a world cup, or even a football match in general?

10. What the **** is wrong with you?

11. My local team in the First Division, very defintely not full of over paid, preening, egotistical, prima donnas.

Oddly enough they manage to play for 90 minutes without flaking out and score goals to boot....

12. If YOU ACTUALLY WATCH First Div football week in week out then you should be able to appreciate what an exceptional footballer Beckham is. I watch crappy SPL dross home and away, compared to that he is a football god. Stop looking on him as a representation of modern high paid dancing divers, he is very much in a different league.

13. Did you mean dancing divers or dancing divas. Oh OK - same thing really!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.