David Beckham meets injured servicemen

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by soleil, Mar 24, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Come on then, who organised this, the poor lads are injured in the line of duty and now we torture them with this, poor blokes

2. One of Beckhams P.R stunts :!: ---- lets really test his loyalty to the troops by invite --- to the front line :D Well Becks baby, the ball is in your court now, will he or wont he :?:

3. This really doesn't have that much to do with this but if you look at the pictures the man with the prosthetic leg has a name change from Mark Kingston to Matt Kingston. They could atleast have the decency to get their names right ?

4. Saw this on sky sports news and to be honest the players seemed humbled at what real heroes do

5. Also Marine McBean has become Marine McBain somehow and I'm not sure you should call someone serving in the Navy a soldier either :roll:

6. It's quite pathetic, considering I don't think they spelled any of the football players names wrong 8O

7. What a phucking ridiculous post.

8. Pararegtom

Pararegtom LE Book Reviewer

Journo radar On

9. to expect beckham to go to afghanistan is ridiculous,

he puts in more than enough effort for charities (not just towards soldiers), remember the ali g interview for comic relief ages ago.

beckham is the only footballer i truly respect, yes he is well off, but compared to the other cnuts, he deserves it

10. Although that is true, you wouldn't expect to pick a random person from the street and say if you really support the troops go to afghanistan. Hes a footballer not a soldier, troops have enough to deal with nevermind babysitting football players.

11. So unless Beckham sacks off Milan, gets his arrse to ITC Catterick and takes part in a few patrols in Helmand, he can’t win can he…? Unless he actually looses a limb to an IED, he will never have credibility…?? Is that what you are saying…??

You can be as cynical as you want. If nothing else, the footballer’s visit to the injured servicemen helps to highlight the battles those lads are going through now and will do for many, many years – and that can only be a good thing.

Laters.

12. Stop being a qunt. And why have you edited your original reply about Beckham and his 'PR' machine. Because it made you look shallow and badly informed perhaps...??

13. Pararegtom

Pararegtom LE Book Reviewer

not at all, his PR machine Brand Beckham are good at what they do, make him look good.

14. As I said - be as cynical as you want.

Do you think that the lads who were visited by him yesterday share your view...??

He's an over-hyped, overpaid footballer, that's a given. To suggest that he visited those lads for his own benefit is, at best, crass. At worst, it just makes you look jealous, narrow-minded and 'small-time'.

Out.