David Beckham and PSG

Discussion in 'The ARRSE Hole' started by Ho2331, Jan 31, 2013.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Well now that Beckham has confirmed that he will end his playing career in France, I have just one question. Why has he chosen to donate his weekly wages to a charity in France? What's the matter? Ain't English charities worthy of your help?

Posted from the ARRSE Mobile app (iOS or Android)

2. Fang_Farrier

Fang_Farrier LE Reviewer Book Reviewer

Because he knows he's got enough to last him a life time

and despite being a git I hate, he keeps doing decent stuff that makes him hard to hate!

• Like Like x 1
  3. What's it got to do with you, what he does with his money? If he want's to give it to a certain charity then he's entitled too. It's his money.

I do love how you can even get knocked when giving away all your salary...

4. It's wendy ball.Who cares?

5. 123

123 LE

Does this really belong in Current Affairs...?

6. Any preference on which English charity he should donate his money to?

7. Because he can afford to, its great publicity for him and to be sure that will raise his profile which equals more public appearances more cash. He has a history of charity work where ever he has plied his trade. Good on him.

8. He's probably donated a larger percentage of his wages, done more with personal appearances etc for British charities than you could do in several lifetimes, you Outrage Bus conducting twunt.

• Like Like x 4
  9. He could donate all his money to lesbian Muslim Charities for I care, as long as he keep's his offensive wife 5,000 miles away!

• Like Like x 2
  10. He's donating his wages as per the bosses instructions. Nice one Posh.

11. I do follow the sport, albeit somewhat superficially (meaning I like watching Man Utd getting fucked over), and have little time for so-called "Slebs", but my immediate reaction on seeing this on the news earlier was "What a fucking decent thing to do". Good on the fellow who, even his detractors must admit, has done, over considerable time, the best he can to make this country look good.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Maybe he`s cottoned on to the fact that giving to an English charity would mean that the money given would be diverted to a different part of the world. Even if the donations stayed in England you can be sure that real English/Brits would see little of it.

• Like Like x 1
  13. a) Why is this in CA?
    b) Who gives a fucking fuck whether Beckham plays football or doesn't?
    c) Why should he give money to an English charity? He doesn't even live here.

14. Still puzzled as to why ITV News felt the need to despatch reporter and crew to stand outside Wembley Stadium to tell us about the move on lunchtime news.