Dave The Clairevoyant

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by Tartan_Terrier, Sep 25, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Impressive stuff. If it's real, very impressive indeed.

How much do you think he could tell about you?

T_T

2. Impressive. But turn it into a TV show and not an advertisement and I might listen harder.

Having lost $2,000 in one day and they only place I used my credit card that month was a pastry shop, those cnuts will get you.

3. Very impressive footage.

I had a chat with my mate at work about technology and the way the world is moving with social networking.

When I grew up in the 1970's/80's it was all about fishing,golf,boating,hill walking,20 a side football for 2 hours straight etc. etc. There were no mobile phones and computers were in high school as part of business studies.

If this information is stored the way that some people say that it is, in 20 years time the generation that is so dependant on social networking could have this thrown back at them. I could go on but I'm sure that this one has been covered before.

4. udipur

udipur LE Book Reviewer

Think of the stalking possibilities...

5. This applies if you happen to be a moron who shares every detail of their life and has no concept of security. I have no online presence that contains any information about myself, it's hardly difficult.

6. HHH

HHH LE

You live in the UK and like blood!

• Like Like x 1
  7. It would be interesting to see what age groups give out the most info on themselves, and also their connections, just because you are security minded doesn't mean your mate is as well. There have been enough articles on kids having parties, which their mates have face booked, then the fun starts.

I would suggest that the older age groups are the least forthcoming, partly due to less access/knowledge of the virtual world, and possibly the 10-15 year olds, as they can see the damage that can be wrought by loose talk. The worst affected would be the 20-40 bracket, who have learned to be open about everything and 'share' their emotions and feelings with 'friends' on twitter, face book and blogs.

I would imagine that trawling through Arrse would glean useful info on many posters, myself included, but one would only find out when the shit hit the fan.

8. TheIronDuke

TheIronDuke LE Book Reviewer

Or due to the fact that the older age groups realised years ago that your every utterance; voice, phone, digital... can come back to haunt you? So maybe the older age group is less likely to stick their social life on Facebook to froth it up with a bunch of ******* strangers.

Black helicopters? My dead Mum will sort them.

9. No, to be honest, I think they were just more polite, and understood the concept of not washing your dirty linen in public. Your dead mum will merely look at the black helicopters, and whilst shrugging her shoulders, sigh in a manner which indicates; they can't help being nosey parkers. The helos will crash in sheer embarrassment.

She may mention this to others in the coven, but I doubt it.

• Like Like x 1
  10. A really good point. I went through and cleaned my personal facebook account (the work one is very tightly controlled), hard telling your other half you're suddenly only "married" and not "married to ..." and all the photos you're both tagged in now aren't because you've no idea who can get to you through her.

I ended up creating another account to go back and look at mine and friends pages to see how well mine was hidden. Fairly well as it turns out.

I didn't the same for Grey_Mafia and she was surprised how much was visible

11. DieHard

DieHard LE Book Reviewer

$2000 worth of pastries that's a normal spend for my Mrs when she stopped smoking.
    Your right though, and I hope your card company refunded your loss

12. How do they find stuff like bank account details? As far as my online footprint goes, there are some far 'noisier' people with the same name as me, so I don't really worry too much. It is useful to google yourself to see what you can find sometimes.

13. I did that a few months ago. Some employment agency had my entire CV published on-line, together with those of about 12 or 15 others. The pointless civvy tossers had no no idea why anyone would get annoyed about that. None of them had any qualifications in the HR area, the boss was an electrician.

14. Banks sell your info.