Dave Shaw

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by Extreme_D, Jul 15, 2005.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Not sure how many of you have heard the story of Dave Shaw....he was an extreme diver who was cave diving in S.Africa when he discovered a body (Deon Dreyer) that had been lost for about 10 years at the bottom of the cave approximately 900ft down.

He then set about a recovery expedition to take Deon Dreyer back to his family so they could have some closure.

I found an incredible piece of writing today called "Raising the Dead", it's basically the full story of the expedition and thought some of you might like to read it....it's quite long, but well worth a read.

http://outside.away.com/outside/features/200508/dave-shaw-1.html

2. An incredible story!

xxx

3. I read all 11 pages late last night and couldn't get the images out of my head when I went to bed. He was one hell of a bloke.

4. Yeah can imagine ... DH is always suggesting I try out scuba diving and I get the heebie-jeebies at the thought of it!

Dave Shaw - one amazing bloke. not just for the diving, but for having the compassion to help a family have final closure.

xx

5. Brought back to the front page, because its worth a read. Any of you Bleeps know or have heard of Don Shirley pls tell more.

S
    K

6. 8O what can you say after reading that?

7. Have you looked at the link to his website, it's not updated and left just as it was before the dive as far as I can see. It's some story though!

8. Spanish_Dave

Spanish_Dave LE Good Egg (charities)