Dave Allen BBC2 tonight 2100

Gout Man

LE
Book Reviewer
I had to record it, the wife’s a devout catholic so I’ll watch it one night when she and the twelve kids have gone to bed.

ancienturion

LE
Book Reviewer
I recorded it so there is one television programme I can laugh at/with leter.

ancienturion

LE
Book Reviewer
There were two. Those recording the second will have had the last laugh

OK so I should have written "two television programmes" smartie.

PFGEN

GCM
The man was a comic genius. I saw him live. He was up for a two hour show with a break. He was on for at least twice the scheduled time. Once he got on a monologue there was no stopping him. He had great observational skills. My sides were hurting the next day. One of the few who could do the same was Billy Connolly.

Last edited:

ancienturion

LE
Book Reviewer
he man was a comic genius. I saw him live. He was up for a two hour show with a break. He was on for at least twice the scheduled time. Once he got on a monologue there was no stopping him. He had great observational skills. My sides were hurting the next day.
You could actually understand what Dave Allen was saying though if you didn't speak Jockanese.

And I fear that any decent bits of his will have been set up by comments from modern people who would fit well in the unfunny comedians thread.

Lenny Henry made Tommy Cooper look very ordinary a day or two back.

Lenny Henry looked a cnut, and an old unfunny one at that.
Not surprising as he is a cnut.

Bubbles_Barker

LE
Book Reviewer
he man was a comic genius. I saw him live. He was up for a two hour show with a break. He was on for at least twice the scheduled time. Once he got on a monologue there was no stopping him. He had great observational skills. My sides were hurting the next day. One of the few who could do the same was Billy Connolly.
Saw both live at the Hammersmith Odeon in the early 90s.
Amazing.

I thought Dave Allen had it written into his contract that there were no repeats. That’s why the shows have never been rerun???????

endure

GCM
Strictly speaking the two shows last night weren't repeats. They were skecthes from different shows edited into a show.

Tyk

LE
Far from his most complicated sketch, but this is one of my favourites.

He had a lot of talent and made the absolute best of what was written.

TamH70

MIA
Far from his most complicated sketch, but this is one of my favourites.

He had a lot of talent and made the absolute best of what was written.

The amount of choreography that must have taken would be immense.

Latest Threads