daughter wants to go to harrogate

Discussion in 'Join the Army - Regular Soldier Recruitment' started by gengis, Nov 18, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. guys and gals my daughter wants to go to harrogate could you kindly tell me about process for her joining cheers
  2. Cow

Cow LE

Harrogate is 42 weeks, what does she want to do afterwards for the rest of her 22 years in the British Army?

Suggested process:

Jobs available: investigate jobs available in the Army
    AFC (Harrogate): check out the website
    Carrers office
    : have a chat to the experts
  3. shes torn rmp or vet
  4. She can apply for the Sep 09 Intake in Jan 09 providing she is aged 15 years and 9 months old. Ceiling age for entry (not application ) is 17 years and 1 month.

It is a 42 week course combining Military Training, Academic Studies and Adventure & Leadership Training.

Jobs for females are:

AGC Military Clerk - currently undermanned and offer excellent promotion prospects.

Royal Signals Trades - IT Technician, Communications Systems Operator.

Royal Artillery - Operating Big Guns and associated communications systems.

Royal Army Medical Corps - Combat Medical Technician.

Royal Electrical & Mechanical Engineers - All engineering including vehicles, weapons and aircraft.

Go to the local Army Careers Office for more and detailed info.

5. If you're her father she wont be eligible for the RMP as she is required to be a b4stard most of the time :lol:

RMP Policeman/woman

If by vet you mean a member of the Royal Army Veterinary Corps than she should look for trades within that Corps. Here is a link for you:

RAVC Vet Tech

I hope this helps
  6. well she is quite interested in dog handler because shes been told rmp cant take from afc harrogate

so we go along to careers office and what happens from there eg tests and stuff