Dating Sites

Discussion in 'Lonely Hearts' started by StabTiffy2B, Jul 27, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. God this forum has been boring as of late. Therefore, in an effort to spice it up a bit:

I've been hearing a lot about these 'dating sites' recently. Not to the level of actually bothering to find out anything about them, of course.

Two people I know have been using them A bird and a bloke. The bird has been sucessfull and is now seeing some fella who she quotes as being "not too weird". The bloke keeps talking to birds in the far corners of the country and has only managed to shag one so far.

The bit that confuses me is the whole dating/shagging part. I assumed the whole point of these sites was to just bump uglies, but it appears there is a whole network of people who like to do the 'dating' thing first. Surely if you're desperate enough to need to use the internet for sex, then you may as well stop beating around the bush and just get down to it?

Plus there's the obvious issues of meeting freaks that keep frozen hamster heads, or some shit in their glove compartment.

So come on then, own up. Who's a member of a dating site, is it a dating/shag type one and does it work. Anyone fancy a shag (I promise not to show you my hamster heads)?

P.S. Don't give Scaryspice any reason to edit/delete/hole the thread. It gets the moody old cow horny and then I have to suffer her constant PMs.

2. i use it all the time and it is good.

3. Feel free to elaborate with tales of 'daring-do', etc.

What site do you use?

4. i put a profile up on one a while ago as a bit of a giggle, and left it there for a few months ... it got attention - i got laid 4 or 5 times, at least once every three or four weeks ... although the bulk of them were slightly, um, ODD. then the freakiness of the girls started to weird me out, and i bugged out before i ended up with a rabbit on the hob.

although, dont forget - crazy sex is still sex!!

5. When I was newly single I signed up to 3 or 4 of these sites. A couple of fellow block rats sugested different sites for different results . I found that it all depends on the wording you use on the different sites . Some you can just put that all you want is 10 minets of no strings fun whereas some you need to be more subtle to get the same results ! . Either way you still get you fair share of mutants replying to your profile .

6. I've been on this dating site for a while now and have had only one offer... from someone called MDN. Didn't sound my type, though.

I'll, er, get my coat...

Friday afternoon blues, Stab?

Litotes

7. Yeah. Fancy a shag?

I'm just intrigued how it works. Being so attractive and having such a wonderful personality, I've never needed the internet to score.

There seems to be a great deal of information lacking from the posts so far. What sites did you use? did it cost you? Were the chicks local? Did they bang like a shit house door? Did you catch anything off them? Did you have to buy them dinner first? etc.

8. Fcuking hell have you had a face lift and put on some muscles since your photos were posted on ARRSES pub crawl. :twisted:

9. The ones the lads in the block seem to favour are Faceparty, Plenty of fish or if it's just sex your after type in local sex on google and it brings up loads of sites , ones like faceparty let you send 10 free messages a day. I only used faceparty and even then i never got any decent replys just plenty of window lickers

10. scaryspice

scaryspice LE Moderator

You know you aren't really my type though Stabby? You're right that the forum's been a bit boring though so I promise to let the thread run for at least 2 pages before having a fit of pique and slinging it in the hole...

11. Well if you after sex, then try www.aff.com or www.alt.com (for the more painfreaky). Although I did meet someone on faceparty, :oops: and we dated for about a year. Just becareful out there, its not as nice sounding as it seems, there can be some manipulative people out there.

12. Dating sites are marvellous things, the only thing I can't understand about them is why I always seem to attract women who weigh nearly twice as much as me......

14. The Arrse guide to online dating?

1. Bubbly personality............ Fat cow.
    2. Tactile........... Clingy
    3. Loving.............. Emotional wreck, needy, cries a lot.
    4. Sensual ...........Slapper
    5. seeks long term relationship.......... seeks sex
    6. Looking for Mr Right........ Shagged most of Aldershot, and looking for some sucker to put a roof over her head.
    7. Divorcee........... Psycho nymph.
    8. Widow..................Murderer
    9. looking for love............. looking for bum love
    10. Separated............married and looking for extras
    11. single........... married
    12. looks young for age..........dresses like a hooker.
    13. seeks gentleman .........get your wallet out.Adventurous............Slept with all your mates
    14. 40-ish............49
    15. Athletic............No tits
    16. Average looking........Face like an arse
    17. Beautiful............Pathological liar
    18. Contagious smile........Does a lot of pills
    19. Educated............Was screwed to bits at university
    20. Emotionally secure......On medication
    21. Feminist............Fat
    22. Free spirit............Junkie
    23. Friendship first.........Former slut
    24. Fun.................Annoying
    25. Gentle.................Dull