Databse Error when posting?

Discussion in 'ARRSE: Site Issues' started by Myss, Jan 21, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. It's only happened to the one post yesterday (bank thread in Int. Cell) but I got a database error when I tried to post and resulted in making the one post appear three times. Thinking it was either an 'one-off' or my hard drive requiring a size six input, put it to the back of my mind. But replying to a pm this morning I got another error message. Is there a problem or is it something that has only happened to me?

2. its happened to me too,but usually rectifies itself after afew seconds.But i keep getting told IE cannot display the page when i'm wondering around the site,don't know if the 2 are connected?

3. it does seem to have been crashing like that a lot lately, especially in the last week or so.

4. yep..i had no problems til this week but i assumed it was my computer or internet connection at fault!! Maybe not

5. I'm so glad other people have been having the same problems!

I thought it was the UK gobment trying to restrict my freedom of speech! Now I know it's only something to do with a general glitch in the program or the servers (and why aren't they out collecting the empty plates?).

MsG

6. some of my posts have disappeared too. Maybe they've been deleted but i don't think any of them breached any rules or owt!!

7. Happens all the time hence multiple posts.

8. Bad CO

Bad CO LE Admin Reviews Editor Gallery Guru

Guys,
    We have been in the process of moving our sites around. This now means that ARRSE is on its own 2 servers. This has meant a noticeable increase in capacity and speed. Unfortunately the process has resulted in a few bugs and occasional down times. Obviously we try and minimise these but we aren't professionals and do this in our spare time.

We are interested to hear about missing posts and errors such as those you describe but need as much information as possible.

9. i've got some posts missing from my garden after the wind the other day, if thats of any use to you........

il get my coat

10. They're in my back garden mate, along with next doors trampoline and a pile of recycling type rubbish, pm me a time to come round and get them. :thumright:

11. Thanks BCO - this thread was definitely not to nickpick! as I couldn't do an iota of what you've both have succeeded with this site, but to see if yourself and others were aware.
    Basically when I went to post, I wrote my bit, press preview then submit but where you would have got the message that it had been posted, I got a message saying something on the lines of 'database error, your site has been notified, you can either go back or to go to Index'. Went back, did the same, got the same message. Went to Index and came back because I can be a determine cow, did it again and it posted as normal.

As it refreshed itself to show you the post you just made (as normal), I saw three of the same post on the thread. Seems like even when it says database error, it is just a delay to the comments you were trying to post. Hope that's enough detailed for you! :whew:

12. Bad CO

Bad CO LE Admin Reviews Editor Gallery Guru

Thanks. We are always genuinely interested in getting more info when people spot faults as it does help us debug/fix/stop breaking things!

I know the error you mean and have seen it myself. It may just be one of those things although could also indicate that we aren't allowing enough connections to the database server ..... we'll keep an eye on it!

13. BCO, no problem with posts, but I'm having some problems with PMs.

I send them and it says sent, but the message then sits in the outbox and doesn't arrive at the other end. If I subsequently save the message, it sometimes then gets sent, but not always.

For example, I sent a message to Good CO about changing my username, and as yet it's still in my outbox.

Minor irritation, as, on the whole, the site is great!

14. Happens all the time when trying to rate jokes (if my Boss asks, I really am very busy at the moment!).

15. PM's always stay in your outbox until the recipient reads them. It depends on how frequently the recipient checks his/her inbox