Das Boot new series

NO.
But it might work.

But as others have said the original in German, with the subtitles(unless one is Bugsy) can not be bettered.
To be fair, it is probably one of the best English dubbings committed to tape - mainly because the original German cast voiced their own parts for the English-language soundtrack instead of "local" actors, I am lead to believe, and so were not only authentically accented but also still immersed in their characters and so able to bring the same life and realism to the crew as the German-language original.

Last edited:
Or in the shower, as I was yesterday when the new captain decided to throw the post-sailing muster drill and switch on the bells an hour before shift-change (when most of the oncomers are - funnily enough - just levering themselves from their bunks) instead of the usual hour after.
Captain before god...;)

Captain before god...;)
He looks about half the age of most captains. And dresses like he spends most of his spare time on a skateboard, hair style to match.

And apparently learned his trade in the Russian navy...

To be fair, it is probably one of the best English-dubbed movies ever made - mainly because the original German cast voiced their own parts for the English-language soundtrack instead of "local" actors, I am lead to believe, and so were not only authentically accented but also still immersed in their characters and so able to bring the same life and realism to the crew as the German-language original.
Naaah - better in Hun. With subtitles.
Like Untergang (Downfall) - some stuff doesn't translate at all.

Next thing, they'll be putting Glaswegian women in command....
I had one of those many, many years ago. The actual rutting was good but everything else - well; mad as a hat full of angry weasels and just as violent.

Last edited:
Captain before God...;)
No, no, no - I'll be away first, thank you very little. The old man is always the last one to step off into the rafts.

What was it that made you realise that I am God, anyway?

Naaah - better in Hun. With subtitles.
Like Untergang (Downfall) - some stuff doesn't translate at all.
Yep, like Babylon Berlin, watched it with subs, tried the English version, went back to subs, the bosche accent just ads intensity.

ps: I have all episodes to watch tonight now.

Yep, like Babylon Berlin, watched it with subs, tried the English version, went back to subs, the bosche accent just ads intensity.

ps: I have all episodes to watch tonight now.
Excellent!
Send us the report about *spolier*, *spoiler* and * spoiler* tmrw.
The last minute of #8 is a cracker.
No wonder they are Series 2 already!

Watched the first episode of the new Das Boot tonight. Looks promising. I remember watching the original film at the cinema as a kid. Dubbed into English as I recall.

Excellent!
Send us the report about *spolier*, *spoiler* and * spoiler* tmrw.
The last minute of #8 is a cracker.
No wonder they are Series 2 already!
Saw that coming in episode 5.

Sky’s trailer calls it ‘Das Boot’ as in ‘Welly’. ‘Boot’ is pronounced ‘Boat’, same as in English. Knobs!

The old man’s cap is Soviet Horrid. The wire shaper comes out, the cap then goes all cool as fcuk. See Erich Topp in my Avatar.