Darwinian Range Training

Bit disappointed in you to be honest @jumpinjarhead ... I was expecting someone to fall to the floor with blood gushing from their neck.

Bit disappointed in you to be honest @jumpinjarhead ... I was expecting someone to fall to the floor with blood gushing from their neck.
That'll be this one then SA copper give his colleague the good news. There was an uncensored version but I don't think it's available since YouTube made some changes.

It would really suck for Juan if Paco or Carlos lacked peripherals and only had tunnel vision, would be extremely funny though......
Had a peripheral vision demo over the weekend. The nationally accredited course I accompanied my spawn on demonstrated that most individuals only have, trying to think of the description given, a cone of perception as regards shape and colour of 3 degree's.

The theory being that the eye see's what the brain expects - the brain fill's in the blanks with what it expects the eye's to see. The eye's alone cannot make out specific colour and detail independently apart from a 3 degree cone if they are specifically looking for something and the brain does not know quite what.

The demo we had was for a bloke to hold up a playing card in front of his face 20 feet away. For us looking at it directly it was easily recognisable.

Then individually with everyone in the class: The instructor stood behind and to the right at a distance of around a metre, pointing a playing card at the individuals eye's - the student had to concentrate on the individual 20 feet away holding up the original card and not move their eye's away from it. The objective being to identify colour and value of the the card the instructor was holding up. With the instructor slowly moving around to the front peripheral perception started between the 75 degree and 65 degree point from the front of the individual to their side. The instructor moved forward slowly out to the 20 foot distance to a point about 2 metres to the side of the person at the 20 foot point. Gradually moving in toward the target student, depending on who was looking, the colour was perceptable anywhere from the 1.5 metre point to right in front of the target student. The actual suit/value of the card was only identifiable from around 18 inches to right in front of the target student.

Nice exercise showing that some people only see what they are directly staring at and have little if no peripheral vision.

Last edited:
Had a peripheral vision demo over the weekend. The nationally accredited course I accompanied my spawn on demonstrated that most individuals only have, trying to think of the description given, a cone of perception as regards shape and colour of 3 degree's.

The theory being that the eye see's what the brain expects - the brain fill's in the blanks with what it expects the eye's to see. The eye's alone cannot make out specific colour and detail independently apart from a 3 degree cone if they are specifically looking for something and the brain does not know quite what.

The demo we had was for a bloke to hold up a playing card in front of his face 20 feet away. For us looking at it directly it was easily recognisable.

Then individually with everyone in the class: The instructor stood behind and to the right at a distance of around a metre, pointing a playing card at the individuals eye's - the student had to concentrate on the individual 20 feet away holding up the original card and not move their eye's away from it. The objective being to identify colour and value of the the card the instructor was holding up. With the instructor slowly moving around to the front peripheral perception started between the 75 degree and 65 degree point from the front of the individual to their side. The instructor moved forward slowly out to the 20 foot distance to a point about 2 metres to the side of the person at the 20 foot point. Gradually moving in toward the target student, depending on who was looking, the colour was perceptable anywhere from the 1.5 metre point to right in front of the target student. The actual suit/value of the card was only identifiable from around 18 inches to right in front of the target student.

Nice exercise showing that some people only see what they are directly staring at and have little if no peripheral vision.
Especially in a gunfight where your vision becomes tunnelized.

JJH -
I also noticed that none appeared to wearing ear protection.

Sorry JJH - I said no one was wearing ear protection. :)

If my old pistol coach, Dr Colt, from my university pistol team saw that he would collapse with a stroke.

Perhaps these "instructors" watched too many videos like this one of FSB Alpha Group operators.