Darwin Contenders: Men carry away potentially live tank rounds

Wordsmith

LE
Book Reviewer
It would appear two men found unexploded tank rounds near an army firing range.

MoD launches appeal to find two men pictured carrying 'unexploded bombs' - Telegraph

shells_2563405b.jpg

The Ministry of Defence has launched an appeal to find two men photographed walking in Dorset with two "unexploded bombs" on their shoulders. The men were spotted near Worbarrow Bay "nonchalantly" walking away from the beach holding the 120-millimetre tank shells.

A shocked woman, who has not been named, took a photograph of the men with her mobile phone, saying: “I thought they were carrying rugs, but as they walked past, I saw they were enormous shells" she said. “I was with somebody who used to be in the Army and he said that because their ends were intact, they were unexploded,” she said.

“I was really scared. As they were walking past, my little girl was alongside them. They could have gone on the Sandbanks Ferry or on the motorway. I just think they’re idiots.”
Anyone ID the round?

shell-2_2563404c.jpg

And any thoughts on the damage it might do it it went off?

Wordsmith

Minimum damage - a slight ringing in his ears.

Maximum damage - a slight ringing in his ears, which would be a couple of hundred metres away from the rest of his head.

Still, if he's a pikey, who gives a fuck?

DieHard

LE
Book Reviewer
Looks like 120 SHPRAC in which case it would hurt if you dropped it on your foot.
It would of been a belter of a story if the shells actualy exploded as the imbeciles walked of with them.
A bit like the story of a rsm answering his co in dont cry for me sgt major, the family could ask where are the bodies and could be told that they are in the following grid references:p

Posted from the ARRSE Mobile app (iOS or Android)