Darwin Awards get a shocking new entry....

Already in the EM thread.
 

simbo

LE
I loved this bit '

Mr Bull is believed to have plugged his charger into an extension cord from the hallway and rested it on his chest while using the phone.

Safety campaigners have warned about the dangers of charging mobiles near water following the inquest'- NO SH1T, SHERLOCK!
 
I loved this bit '

Mr Bull is believed to have plugged his charger into an extension cord from the hallway and rested it on his chest while using the phone.

Safety campaigners have warned about the dangers of charging mobiles near water following the inquest'- NO SH1T, SHERLOCK!
What's even worse is I see the coroner is seemingly going to tell Apple to put a warning on their crap telling people NOT to plug the phone into an extension cable and put that on the side of the bath.

It's really frightening that someone could be so stupid as to put a 230v outlet on the side of the bath (for that's what happened as there's no way he got zapped jut by the 5v or so out of the charger), and it's even worse when someone who is allegedly educated and intelligent like a coroner thinks that manufacturers have to put warnings on their toys to tell people NOT to hang an extension cable over the side of a full bath.

And to think that it's the votes of these people which could decide the fate of the country....
 
It's really frightening that someone could be so stupid as to put a 230v outlet on the side of the bath (for that's what happened as there's no way he got zapped jut by the 5v or so out of the charger), and it's even worse when someone who is allegedly educated and intelligent like a coroner thinks that manufacturers have to put warnings on their toys to tell people NOT to hang an extension cable over the side of a full bath.
Coming Soon: Laptop Loofas

What is so friggin important that you have to have your phone in the bath anyway?
 
Am I wrong in hoping it features in the next bond film as an update of this classic scene

 
Apple will bring out a new app ...the iStupid and the imoron ....for those who don't know about water and electricity
 
To use a slightly telephone related pun, what a bell end.
 
Last edited:

Ritch

LE
Reminds me of

You can tell the bloke in the middle thought of it - he looks like he thinks he's the dog's bôllocks. The other two look slightly skeptical.
 
I once saw some horses go "a bit funny" (but not die) as they were being ridden through floodwater near some traffic lights. Presumably volume of water "dilutes" electrical current?
 
I once saw some horses go "a bit funny" (but not die) as they were being ridden through floodwater near some traffic lights. Presumably volume of water "dilutes" electrical current?
Sort of.

Electrickery tries to get to ground. If the only way to ground is through you, then you get the full force.

If there is a second way to ground current will flow down both. Third, fourth etc.

So it is highly possible that someone walking through electrified water would feel a tingle in the feet. A small charge would have gone up through their body from a raised leg still immersed in the water to a leg in contact with the ground as they walked.

Always worth being wary of water near known electric sources. Think how high water have to get to cover your sockets? Hopefully the breakers will pop...

All that said, sockets aren't put in bath rooms. You'd think having to run an extension cord in would have prompted a period of self reflection.
 
Last edited:

AlienFTM

MIA
Book Reviewer
All that said, sockets aren't put in bath rooms. You'd think having to run an extension cord in would have prompted a period of self reflection.
He probably didn't need a period of reflection. More a flash in the pan.
 
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
CrashTestDummy The NAAFI Bar 56
dingerr The NAAFI Bar 494
pimpernel The NAAFI Bar 362

Latest Threads

Top